Couple of Things!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

shawty500
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 2008 Megane Cabriolet 1.9 Dci

Couple of Things!

Postby shawty500 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:51 pm

Hi all, come across all our problems at once :(

1> Parking sensors suddenly beep continuously, - Renault advise one of the sensors have gone (So I thought sod it and bought a full new set)
2> Passenger seat was damp this morning after a night of tropical rainful, but no traces of where it entered the car?!?!
3> I have a whirring noise from one of my wheels, Renault say its the tyre? but I cant imagine that.

Anyway, to the questions!

1> How difficult is it to swap over my parking sensor kit as the new one I ordered from renault comes with a dash display!
2> Any ideas on where the leak can be coming from?
3> Best tyres for a Megane, what are they? I realised today I actually have standard 17" alloys, after I spent ages looking for some tyres, always thought they were 16"s!!!

Anyway, thanks for any advice in advance :D

Regards

Ryan

Jonault
Advanced Driver

Re: Couple of Things!

Postby Jonault » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:02 pm

Michelin Energy E3A are a good tyre. Not sure about answers to your other questions although if you have a sun roof, that's probably where the rain got in. If you don't have a sun roof then I can't imagine how the water can drip onto the seat, unless water is getting in through the ariel mount and running across the roof lining before dripping out.
1.4 Hatch, Ottoman Blue, 55 Reg, Dynamique

Return to “Problems / Questions”