Magane Alarm problems

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Jimones
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5 diesel

Magane Alarm problems

Postby Jimones » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Hi, I have just joined the forum. I have a Megane 1.5 diesel 5 door, 05 reg. I have just started having alarm problems and was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar. My car is parked on the driveway and all of a sudden the alarm goes off randomly. This has happened for the last few evenings in a row. It has not been tampered with and all doors and boot are properly closed. Does anyone have any ideas as there does not seem to be a way to lock the car without using the alarm/imobiliser. I would appreciate any help from out there.

markren2004
Advanced Driver

Re: Magane Alarm problems

Postby markren2004 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:04 pm

process to lock door without alarm;
switch off as normal..take keycard out, open door.
then put keycard back in. press start 5 times slowly (once a second - dont press any pedals)
take keycard out and lock as normal. should hear 5 faint beeps to tell you alarm is off, this is for the prefacelift version. i think slightly different for facelift version.
next time you open it it will reset, so have to repeat this every time.

common issues is the bonnet sensor plunger not fully pressing down..you can use a self tapping screw to give it a bit of extar height, also check the 2 sensors in the rear pillars are attached, they easily get knocked off.

if it's just related to freezing outside temperatures, then i think it's a dealer job to adjust the sensitivity of the alarm.

Jimones
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5 diesel

Postby Jimones » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:33 pm

Thank you so much for your advice. I will certainly look at the areas you have suggested and I will let you know how I get on. I think one of the rear sensors may be loose so I will check that, too. I will only get to look at it now on Sunday.
I really appreciate you taking the time to reply to me.

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:23 pm

i had a moth flying around inside mine the other day which set it off

STEVIE
Advanced Driver

Postby STEVIE » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:26 pm

Check for a spider inside ive had this before

stevie
http://www.meganesport.net welcome all members of Megane II Owners Club

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: a megane.................doh

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:59 am

as above my friend, neighbour spent half a night with his alfa until i shuffled out had a look and told him to catch that bloomin great big moth in his car, fault fixed,

I also had a drama in the summer left a window slightly open small breeze moved about one of my kid's, for want of a better word boingy thing, car went wee wah at that one.
Bumpy and full of coconuts.
05 1.4 Otto blue Rush Mods: Keyed by some B*%"£~!, interior LEDs
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

Return to “Problems / Questions”