More Window Problems

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

welshy
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 16v

More Window Problems

Postby welshy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:25 am

A few months ago I reported that the NSF window had failed, we got this working again.... it has though since packed up again so thought would tackle it today.

not sure if it was a loose connection or not, but we now have a turning motor, this though is doing the normal pulsing motion, eg window going up half inch at a time. I have tried the normal get it to the top and hold the up control for 10 secs... this though has not cured the pulsing, seems also if we press the window down button, the window still goes up... only way to get it to go down it to manually wind the cables round.

am I doing something wrong with the resetting of the windows??

Thanks in advance

welshy
Learner Driver

Re: More Window Problems

Postby welshy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:09 pm

sussed, yet again water ingress into the black regulator box... tried the one off my brothers car....

I now have a working window and my brother does not..... oopss lol

welshy
Learner Driver

Postby welshy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:41 am

OK, since this post we have had the door apart approx another 4 times to dry out the regulator, even though siliconed in its own cocoon the water still seems to get in.

I contacted Renault this morning and they have agreed to undertake the job abd cover 80% of the cost of replacing the regulator box, this leaves me with about 70-80 pounds to pay, the replacement also comes with 12 months warranty.

For info our car as a 53 plate, so coming to the end of the extended period for Renault to cover the regulator

We spoke with Renault on the following number 0800 6340509 who I have to say were very helpful

Cars now booked in at a local dealer for 10 days time to have this fixed....

longy
Passed Theory

Postby longy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:51 pm

OK thanks for this info welshy iv just contacted renault and they have agreed to do my window @80% of the cost car booked in for this thursday.well happy once again thanks.

Longy. :D

welshy
Learner Driver

Postby welshy » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:37 pm

ok some feedback on the repairs.....

My brother had his car (54 plate) fixed on Monday, total cost was 60 quid, window regulator replaced

Had my car (53 plate) back today, regulator and wiring loom replaced 98 quid

On both cars we had contacted renault on the number mentioned in previous post, both cars were offered a 75% payment covered by renault, both cars are guaranteed for 12 months on the repair

Renault UK have been great on their support, the dealership itself were a shambles.... we wont go into that though....

Well worth contacting them, as if like us you have ongoing problems with your window at least you know you can hand it back to them now to fix within 12 months.

Return to “Problems / Questions”