drive shaft question urgent help needed i think lol

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

kornnut106
Learner Driver

drive shaft question urgent help needed i think lol

Postby kornnut106 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:02 am

hello today i managed to pull the drive shaft out of the gear box just a bit enough for a small amount about 3 table spoons full of gear box oil , when this happened i quickly pushed the drive shaft back in and the leak seems to have completely stop.
My question is -

will this matter much ie will i keep losing oil or will it be ok
have i damage the seal
or is this just somthing that might happen but will be ok

thanks in advance
haynes manual states be carefull not to pull out the drive shaft, but dosent tell you what to do if you do, and i cant seem to find a answer to this on the www. :banghead

downsyndromedhorse
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 3DR Black 1.9dci Megane 04 Plate 120 BHP

Re: drive shaft question urgent help needed i think lol

Postby downsyndromedhorse » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:43 pm

Should be fine, no more leaks, then no more problems :)

Also, how easy was it to get out, been meaning to do mine for ages! (passenger side).
3DR Black 1.9dci Megane 04 Plate 160Bhp(ish) - K&N Panel Filter - Full HID Conversion - Pioneer TS-Q131C - Koni -35mm lowering Springs - JVC Head unit - EGR Blanked - Decat fitted

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Postby tomalamix » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:29 pm

Its better to check the oil level, if it drained a few oil probably its not on where it should. Haynes manual help you doing this job, its quite simple...

good luck!

kornnut106
Learner Driver

Postby kornnut106 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:51 am

thanks for the replies, as for the drive shaft i didnt want mine to come out ....(thats how easy it comes out lol) , i was replacing the whole wish bone, however the drive shaft would have just pulled straight out easily mines an 2004 megane 1.5dci,iam not confident on topping up oil but can pretty much repair everything (i know lol) if i know whats wrong lol , anyways the only thing you might find difficult is seperating the ball joint from the wishbone after thats done eveything else is easy, just rember to grease the cv shaft that goes into the hub and dont forget to put back the abs sensor holder on the ball joint anyways thanks. Just my thought.... the Haynes manual sucks for this car :eek

Return to “Problems / Questions”