ignition fault

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

boydy
Currently Drives:: megane dci 120

ignition fault

Postby boydy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:48 am

ok where to start/ the other night during the downpore of rain i ran through a puddle about a foot deep the car started plucking slightly then ran ok ish then today its running on tree cylinders and ignition fault light came on and service light it runs intermitently /i inturn disconnected the connections from the in jectors and found that the one on the right doesnt doest affect the running much that tells me the injector isnt working correctly all the time, i think it must be due to the puddle any advice pls

boydy

Re: ignition fault

Postby boydy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:00 pm

think ive sussed it out no 1 injector booked in for monday having the injector re manufactured and re codeing £130 all in not too bad eh?

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:18 pm

boydy wrote:think ive sussed it out no 1 injector booked in for monday having the injector re manufactured and re codeing £130 all in not too bad eh?

Before you go down that route check the ECU and wiring for water ingress. Just because the injector doesn't work doesn't mean it is faulty. The ECU is prone to water based failure because the wheel arch liners are not very well sealed.

Having said that, if you get it cured for £130, not bad at all.
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

boydy

Postby boydy » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:02 pm

had 2 injectors fitted no cure plucking around 2k revs low rail pressure fault code ???????? been told it may be a faulty pressure sensor some one help

Return to “Problems / Questions”