Air Conditioning Problem

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

drewster1978
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: renault megan dynamique 2006

Re: Air Conditioning Problem

Postby drewster1978 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:30 pm

grandadbobby wrote:Hi,
not an expert on this but there is a fuse F4 in engine fuses (not connected to button according to almost useful Haynes )
You also got the pressure switch could be the trouble, plus test the clutch from battery.
Bob.

Thanks i will have a look at the fuse in the engine i know its a pain to get out.

drewster1978
Just Passed

Postby drewster1978 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:30 pm

I think the fuse has gone dont fancy getting to the engine fuse box,but just thought if put a wire from battery directly to ac compressor would it make ac work,just for a hr or so,so i can have a bit of cold air in this heat.I know i wont be able to turn it off with the button but i will just pulll over and take wires off battery..

scooper1000
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2006 Renault megane 1.5 DCi Maxim

Postby scooper1000 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:33 pm

Hi i did what you suggest on my last car except i wired a switch so i could turn it on and on without lifting bonnet...but when you do this its OK going down a motorway but the revs drop to almost stalling point when you stop at traffic lights etc...the engine fuse-box is a bit awkward to get at but worth trying

drewster1978
Just Passed

Postby drewster1978 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:40 pm

Why does it nearly stall all it is is bypassing the fuse box.?Think its worth having a go at getting to the fuse,there is no pwer to the ac,quick story when i took bumper off the wires had been broken from the connecor so bought a new SOLENOID EXTENSION WIRING HARNESS LOOM but no power so i presume the fuse.DId you get to the fuse box.?Seen a video on you tube,so take battery out remove battery box and pull fuse box out.???Sound easy and looks easy but dont want to brake anything

Mikey58
Currently Drives:: Megane cc convertible ...

Postby Mikey58 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:24 pm

Hi all , this is my first post , in need of your help please , I have a Megane dci get sport and the air con pipe has a leak , the item number on the pipe is 8200680847. I've been told by Renault it is no longer available , and I can't source a used one any adice would be very welcomed

Regards
Mike

Return to “Problems / Questions”