clutch brake start?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

padiolet
Currently Drives:: Black Megane 1.6 Dynamique cabriolet . was stolen. now drive red version of same

clutch brake start?

Postby padiolet » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:54 pm

Until 7 weeks ago I had a 2005 1.6 dynamique CC which was stolen.To start it , I depressed the clutch. I replaced it with a similar 2005 model . To start this model I need to depress the brake as the clutch method does not work!!!! Why??? :shock:

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Re: clutch brake start?

Postby Paddy » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:15 pm

Probably the button that is under the clutch pedal has either a lose connection or has passed it.

On another note its much better to depress the clutch as it put much less pressure on the engine during start up.

padiolet
Currently Drives:: Black Megane 1.6 Dynamique cabriolet . was stolen. now drive red version of same

Postby padiolet » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:57 am

Thanks very much. Old habits die hard and I keep my foot on the clutch. great monsoon weather here!!! If she doesn't leak now I guess she never will!!!!

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:36 pm

Yes, The wire to the end switch might be broken -- easy to fix DIY. This is a very popular fault.

ulrich100 wrote:Probably the button that is under the clutch pedal has either a lose connection or has passed it.

On another note its much better to depress the clutch as it put much less pressure on the engine during start up.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

padiolet

Postby padiolet » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:11 am

aha, never count your chickens before they hatch!!!!! Re. my remarks about no leaks, was at a football match saturday night, during which it deluged, discovered next morning back floor sodden seats fine, front floor fine but rear floor bubbling :cry

Return to “Problems / Questions”