Dephaser Pulley

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Megs

Dephaser Pulley

Postby Megs » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:17 am

After a very long conversation with Renault UK despite all the evidence regaring pre 2006 dephaser pulleys problems they are refusing to accept there is a problem and have refused to replace or contribute anything to the cost. I have been advised by my dealership will be £650 as accessory and cambelt will need changing at same time. Has anybody information about if anyone has tried to take them to the Small Claims Court? Any help greatfully received, thanks.

chevin
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 Dynamique, Comfort Pack/

Re: Dephaser Pulley

Postby chevin » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:34 am

Megs,

had 11/03 5 door/1.6 from new. In April 2007 it devloped the dreaded problem and at 26 k miles - 4 months out of warranty. I was surprised that when I phoned round the dealers even the girlies on reception (sorry ladies !) knew exactly what was wrong. Beware as main dealer prices can vary by +/- £ 100. I did the usual complaining to Renault UK and was keen to go to the SCC. I have relative in consumer protection who advised that it would be very difficult to prove "manufacturing defects". Although it you search on this topic in this website you will notice folk who have got free reapirs/discounts.

Coupled with an incompetent local NW dealer - my strategy was always to get rid as soon as I could. After a number of replacement brake disc/exhauts/coil packs and front coil springs/new battery - it was sold in April - the new owner has got quite a good car as everything was sorted. Only thing is I also have 6/06 Cabrio - which has had needed nothing doing to it at all.

Moral of ths story for me - never buy another Renault.

Good luck

Return to “Problems / Questions”