Megane II Keycard repair instructions / Development

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

mervetheswerve

Re: Megane II Keycard repair instructions / Development

Postby mervetheswerve » Wed May 16, 2012 7:49 pm

Great post. repaired a key that would not work (insert key instruction would not go out) on customers car that was stranded. they have now got a new one and are using the old that was repaired for emergency purposes. The job is fiddley and time consuming as you have to take care not to do any more damage but worth the effort.

marydoll67
Currently Drives:: Piece of s**T renault megane 05

Postby marydoll67 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:04 pm

Hi I'm new here and I joined specifically to say Thanks a million!!! for putting up this post. I had this problem and after finding your page was delighted. My fella followed your instructions and now the card is working perfect. Wish there were more people like you. Again thanks a million. :D

Dereck
Currently Drives:: Megane

Postby Dereck » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:03 pm

HI All

Great post, pity I tried to do this myself without reading this forum first. My problem is as described by others, the car opens but asks me to insert card when I have put the key in.

So I opened it up, one of the legs on the transmitter was loose and so I soldered that on. Key still doesnt work. I think i may have damaged the coil in the process.
When measuring the voltage across the components around the coil and the coil itself i dont get any reading, but not sure if there should be?

Found a break in the copper wire on the coil so unwrapped it to the point that the break was at, got about 30 cm copper wire off which is worrying.
Going to solder the coil back together (copper to arm) and then back onto the board and see what happens.

Any advice?

rhoracio
Currently Drives:: Espace IV

Postby rhoracio » Tue May 07, 2013 12:03 pm

great guide, albait I found it late and ended up cutting through the coil...

would somebody please advice whether it is possible to find replace?

tomsa
Currently Drives:: VF1JM0GD633938236 2006 Scenic 2

Postby tomsa » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:44 pm

Whats wrong With the Pictures? Is link removed?

tomsa
Currently Drives:: VF1JM0GD633938236 2006 Scenic 2

Postby tomsa » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:48 pm

My keycard worked just fine but suddenly stopped to open/Close doors. Manual key will only Lock the actual door With key aswell, not all doors. Car says keycard not detected when outside holder but when inserted the car starts

Will I have to open card and do soledring fix or might there be som Electronic "reset" to try prior to work on the hardware :-)

The fault seems to be Connected to some battery problems a bit earliere.

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Postby freelanderuk » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:31 pm

tomsa wrote:Whats wrong With the Pictures? Is link removed?

Pm the original poster and ask if he still has the photo's, he is still posting on here :D
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

cliopapa172
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: megane privilege

Postby cliopapa172 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:26 am

I have to say that I must be the only Megane owner who hasn't had a problem with the keycard. In fact, we were on holiday in Northumberland last year and my mother in law accidentally washed both my keycard and bank cards on a full machine cycle. I was expecting a lift home to pick up the spare, but it is still working over a year later and so are my bank cards! A warning to those who don't check pockets before putting clothes in the wash.....CHECK THEM FIRST PLEASE!!

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Postby tomalamix » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:07 pm

Pictures refreshed..

sorry but its cropped dont know why, go to the link where the picture is and everything is fine there :)

good luck

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Postby freelanderuk » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:33 pm

Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

w4lly64
Currently Drives:: megane ll karmann cabbriolet

Postby w4lly64 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:46 pm

hi guys,
interestin post as my key card/car comin up with 'replace card battery' which I did but did not cure so I wondered on splittin the casin to check few common probs but my main question is, altho it does not mention bout the card memory on these posts so i assumin it is ok but gotta ask the question.. on takin the battery out, does the card hold its memory please as I assumed it would lose it after short period of time.. any feedback most appreciated as want to fix asap.. cheers

Return to “Problems / Questions”