Instrument panel fault! HELP!!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

speedy_glz
Passed Theory

Instrument panel fault! HELP!!

Postby speedy_glz » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:53 pm

Hello everyone, now I have this issue at my Megane: the digital display at the instrument panel usually shows the engine milleage and the travel milleage (sorry if I miss with the proper translation, I dont know how it is called in english :hm ). Well the issue here is that the "travel milleage" is reseting everytime I turn on the car, thing that only should happen when you push the reset stick at the bottom of the instrument panel.
Has somebody had the same problem? Is this another tricky alarm for a fault? Does anybody has a clue about what can be happening??

Thanks in advance!
2005 Megane II Dynamique, hatch Capsicum Red, 2.0 Lts engine, solar sunroof, 17" alloy wheels, 6 gear trans

speedy_glz
Passed Theory

Re: Instrument panel fault! HELP!!

Postby speedy_glz » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:01 pm

Ok, what is reseting is the "partial milleage", hope you understand me
2005 Megane II Dynamique, hatch Capsicum Red, 2.0 Lts engine, solar sunroof, 17" alloy wheels, 6 gear trans

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Re: Instrument panel fault! HELP!!

Postby tomalamix » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:29 pm

Hi speedy,

I saw that happening once. The problem was with the push button to reset the mileage (its the same button that changes from mileage to the consumption screen, miles left with current fuel, etc...) it was stuck (stuck inside, impossible to see from outside). I suggest you to take out the steering wheel, then disconnect the connector to the lever that have the push button that changes the selection you want to see on the screen. If you push a few seconds this button it will reset the mileage. If you disconnect it and then turn on the car you may check if your mileage resets or not. If it doesn't the problem is that lever, you must change it.

BR

Return to “Problems / Questions”