05 megane dci 120 feels like its going to stall whilst driv

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

nichola33
Currently Drives:: megane dci

05 megane dci 120 feels like its going to stall whilst driv

Postby nichola33 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:25 am

hi
i have a 05 megane dci. it's done 45000 miles its started giving us a problem whilst driving it feels like its going to stall, it judders for a few seconds and then goes ok.it doesn't seem to make any difference what gear your in,its done it 2nd and 6th. we,ve just had all the filters changed and the oil changed but its still doing it .

any ideas?

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Re: 05 megane dci 120 feels like its going to stall whilst driv

Postby IainMW » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:45 pm

Firstly Welcome along :cool:

There are numerous things it could be?

Have you had it plugged into any sort of diagnostic equipment yet? If not then that will be the first thing to do as any error codes will be logged.

A bit more info on it would be useful as it could be a plethora of things?
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

4737carlinsir

Postby 4737carlinsir » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:17 pm

I've experienced this too and there isnt much more to say about it by way of a description. Its like youre in too high a gear for the speed/revs your doing but by the time youve looked down to check things the problem has gone.

Mine hasnt done it for a couple of weeks or so, so I havent investigated it further.

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:25 pm

Does it do it at low revs only? My 1.9 has a long history of occasional flat spots - whereby the the solution is to sit in neutral and floor the throttle until the turbo kicks back in. It does it usually, but not exclusively, after a long run and a downhill section. I never solved it, but my new pet theory is that it is not an oil problem, but an ECU solenoid boost actuator issue or sticking closed actuator due to temperature differentials.

Sorry - doesn't help much.
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

Return to “Problems / Questions”