Clutch Judder

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

davewm
Currently Drives:: Up to 2 weeks ago I drove a Honda Jazz. This car was stolen in London. We were visiting our son who, 2 nights previously had lost his 19 month old son to cot death.
On the third night we were burgled and all our money, cards etc were taken. (Together with the car) I have chosen the megane because the ride on the Honda was not very good.

Clutch Judder

Postby davewm » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:56 pm

Recently spent some time in London. On Friday I drove into the city and did quite a few miles in heavy traffic (stop/start).
After a while I started to get clutch judder. This got worse throughout the day. The following day I drove back home along A12 therefore not much clutch use. The car seems ok now although there is a "tiny" bit of judder. As anyone else experienced this. Meg is 57 plate with only 11000 miles on clock. Thanks

Anthony
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: 2005 Renault Megane 1.5 dci 100

Re: Clutch Judder

Postby Anthony » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:03 pm

Clutch judder comes as standard on Meganes. ;)
2005 1.5dci 100 Sport Hatch -Gone!

davewm
Currently Drives:: Up to 2 weeks ago I drove a Honda Jazz. This car was stolen in London. We were visiting our son who, 2 nights previously had lost his 19 month old son to cot death.
On the third night we were burgled and all our money, cards etc were taken. (Together with the car) I have chosen the megane because the ride on the Honda was not very good.

Postby davewm » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:02 am

Thanks for that!
I've spoken to Bristo's Renault Ipswich and the service chap said that they had a meg in last week with the same problem!
He also said that Renault are aware of a problem????
In your experience does this mean they will do anything about it?
Regards

Anthony
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: 2005 Renault Megane 1.5 dci 100

Postby Anthony » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:04 pm

lol sorry I couldn't be of more help. I honestly don't know what they will say.

I find my clutch juddering every now and again in different situations. I know a number of other people have found the same.

It would be interesting to hear what Renault have to say about it, but I think it is a trait of the car.
2005 1.5dci 100 Sport Hatch -Gone!

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:10 pm

I'm not going to add much in the way of information by posting this, but mine doesn't judder at all. It's its only major mechanical bonus point... The fault/feature you describe seems to be one of the great 'unresolved'.
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

deni.babe
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: megane 1.6vvt

Postby deni.babe » Mon May 03, 2010 4:43 pm

i was told by a mechanic a friend of mine its something to do with the material they use on the clutch(inviromentally friendly stuff) wears a lot quicker and doesn't like getting to hot hence the juddering in first gear, happens on my civic especially if i give it some stick i leave it for a bit to cool down and its fine.

Nige
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03' Renaultsport Megane 1.4 16v...NO FAULTS HERE! :-D

Postby Nige » Sun May 09, 2010 3:05 pm

Mine Judders when VERY cold...when normal conditions perfectly fine...Judders when VERY WARM!!

For me I blame it on the materials of the clutch!
03' Megane 1.4 16v 3Dr, N.Ireland

Return to “Problems / Questions”