Aircon leaks

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

dougieCC
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault megane CC 1.6

Aircon leaks

Postby dougieCC » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:54 am

Last year had my aircon topped up by Kwikfit, Aircon stopped working so took it to AJT autos in Witham yesterday who ran a dye through the system to check for leaks, none were found.

So my question is, has anyone ever had a leak in their system and if so what was the problem ?

Thanks
Alan
Megane CC 1.6vvt and 1.4 clio

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Re: Aircon leaks

Postby Gav » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:47 am

Not had a leak, but my Megane needed a couple of top ups because I wasn't using it enough. The dealer told me to use it for minimum 10 mins a week, every week, which I've done since, and for the first time, it's still working. So get it topped up and use the aircon every week. When I descend a steep hill I turn it on for a few minutes, (most days as it's on my commute). It also helps with engine braking as there's more load, hence doing it down the hill, and so not wasting more fuel.
06 Extreme Blue 1.5dCi 106 Dynamique Sport Tourer with panoramic sunroof and Dension Gateway

dougieCC
Advanced Driver

Postby dougieCC » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:12 pm

When the garage evacuated the system, nothing was left. I have to take it back in two weeks to check again. Cheers Gav will keep running it and see what happens.

Alan

dougieCC
Advanced Driver

Postby dougieCC » Wed May 26, 2010 4:40 pm

Well more expense, not leaking but compresser is noisey, so going to cost just over £600 to fix the whining noise, problem is when thats fixed whats going to fix the whining noise from my wife saying the car is costing to much.

Alan

pmcguire

Postby pmcguire » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:19 pm

I went to one of those shopping centre car parks mechanics today for an air con top up, he told me that the system has no pressure at all and it could cost me a small fortune to replace.
Compressor turns on, but no cold air comes at all.

Needless to say I am comforting my self with the idea that "he probably doesn't know what he is talking about" but gonna get it checked out ASAP.

Not looking forward to it.

Return to “Problems / Questions”