Boot locked? Switch broken? Stuck? Help please

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

jo3yb777
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: 2004 54-Reg Renault Megane 1.6 Dynamique Auto Silver
(SORN'd)

Boot locked? Switch broken? Stuck? Help please

Postby jo3yb777 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:08 pm

Guys I need your help asap.
I'm kind of away from home and need to load the boot up tonight but it won't open, so i'm having to come here via my mobile to get some help.
I opened my boot and removed some stuff and went away for a minute, the car wasn't locked, then i cleaned my interior and might have hit the central locking button once or twice which popped and unpopped the locks because the door was open. Could this have caused it?
Erm also the little button to open it by the number plate feels a bit empty, like theres a lot of free push before i feel some button resistance, any thoughts?
I can access my boot via the rear seats but this is properly inconvenient.
Any thoughts or help is appreciated guys.
2004 Megane 5-door 1.6 Dynamique

steven-white
Currently Drives:: renault megane authentique 52 reg 1.6 petrol

Re: Boot locked? Switch broken? Stuck? Help please

Postby steven-white » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:43 pm

sound like the switch has been pushed in by the number plate.....see if you can unscrew it and take a look.... if you can get to it, you may be able to move it back into position.

i had a similar problem when i got my megane a few weeks ago, the boot wudnt unlock, but the other doors would. in the end, i just used the right hand button each time on the key card.i locked the car completely, waited 5-10 mins, then pressed the right button only, leaving all the other doors locked. it unlocked luckily.

hope this works 4 u mate

jo3yb777
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: 2004 54-Reg Renault Megane 1.6 Dynamique Auto Silver
(SORN'd)

Postby jo3yb777 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:52 pm

I tried the keycard thing, it seems to only unlock the boot rather than unlatch it.
What am I supposed to unscrew?
2004 Megane 5-door 1.6 Dynamique

markren2004
Advanced Driver

Postby markren2004 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:45 am

there is a way to open the boot from the inside. you need to climb into the boot and at the back of the lock there is a hole that you can put a pen or some wire in and move the mechanism to the side, boot should pop open, that should then give you access to remove and inspect the boot button.

Return to “Problems / Questions”