Break Lights

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

peterjames
Currently Drives:: 2004 megan 2

Break Lights

Postby peterjames » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:26 pm

I have a 2004 Megan 2.The break lights have stopped working but the rear mounted one is still working.I have looked at bulbs but they seem fine.

Any ideas? : :conf

Starman
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Proton 1.6 Lxi Wira

Re: Break Lights

Postby Starman » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:40 pm

I'm guessing that there must be a fuse somewhere. There are three fuse boxes (last count!!). Two in the engine bay and a smaller one to the left of the glove box. This would be the more likely place to look.

Are all of the other lights working ok? Has anything else packed up?

Keep us posted, always useful...

J.

peterjames
Currently Drives:: 2004 megan 2

Postby peterjames » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:58 pm

Everything else is fine.where is the third fuse box.Found the glove compartment one and the one near the battery.Would ther be a seperate fuse for the rear mounted boot and the two lower ones :conf

Starman
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Proton 1.6 Lxi Wira

Postby Starman » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:59 pm

I'm pretty sure there's a bank of fuses somewhere around the back of the ECU. I wouldn't go near those though. I THINK the one in the glove box is going to be the one you need. According to the manual, there's ONE for the stop lights! Whether that's the high level too or not, doesn't say! Just a square symbol with the word STOP in it is the one you're looking for...

Cheers and good luck, again...

J.

megane09
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: renault megane '04 dynamique, silver, 17 nervasport alloys.

Postby megane09 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:08 pm

theres generally only one fuse for all the brake light thats including the 3rd brake light so it won't be the fuse, i checked the fuse but there isnt a separate one for the 3rd brake light coz i checked it after my 3rd brake light packed up, check all the connections in the back of the lights...if you've got a test lamp check the connections work..
'04 Megane Dynamique, 17' nervasports alloys

Return to “Problems / Questions”