poor mpg

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

anth_dci
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II DCi 120 Dynamique 52 plate

poor mpg

Postby anth_dci » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:30 am

Since my turbo on my 1.9 dci blew last december my mpg has struggled to get over 40, where it was between 50 and 55 before. I had the turbo replaced like for like at a local respectible garage. They also changed the oil when fitting it, then i replaced it again 1 week later to make sure there was no bit of old turbo swimming around in it. Ive since took it back to them and they put it on the diagnostic machine and its showing up no faults. I dont know if it just me but it also feels slight down on power. There is never any drops on the ground in the morning so its not a leak.

My daily journey is 35miles each way to work, 30 of which are on the a1, so this is starting to cost me quite abit. Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? Does the 1.9dci have a lambda sensor that could be bust causing it to overfuel?

thanks
Megane II dynamique 1.9 DCI 120bhp, 5 door, 52 plate.

nathan black
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: renault megane 1.4 authentique
just bought 1.9dci privelage

Re: poor mpg

Postby nathan black » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:49 am

check that the joints between the turbo and manifold, turbo and cat, and cat and down pipe for any leaks of exhaust gases. If the garage hasnt put new gaskets on or cleaned the mating faces corectly then this will be the likly cause. This steeply afects mpg.

anth_dci
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II DCi 120 Dynamique 52 plate

Re: poor mpg

Postby anth_dci » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:28 pm

i guess this should be easily noticeable as lots of black soot if the join isnt sealed correctly?
Megane II dynamique 1.9 DCI 120bhp, 5 door, 52 plate.

Return to “Problems / Questions”