Fault codes - Anyone help

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

pompion
Currently Drives:: 2004 1.6VVT Auto Megane II Tourer.

Re: Fault codes - Anyone help

Postby pompion » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:44 pm

Hi all, I recently joined the site and have enjoyed reading most of the topics.

I joined the site unfortunately because my megane II is having issues with starting.

From the sounds of it mine is suffering from something very similar, having stalling on start and at times rough running. I have had the codes read and got P0010 as well.
When I started looking around at the camshaft semsor I found some oil around the rocker cover top. After taking the inlet manifold off I found it came from the oil seperator and had unfortunately fed oil back into the intake. The inlet manifold had a lot of oil in it also.

I have cleaned all the inlet and sorted the oil seperator. Cleaned the sensors and throttle. Put car together but stalling on start is still there and has some rough running.

I have read several threads on faults like mine but none seem to say what fixes the problems if they are fixed!?!?!? Can anyone shed some light on this issue and what is fixing them.

I am at the end of my wits now as the car has already played up with the front windows and had an ignition pack fail too.

Cheers

Dan

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:28 pm

P0010 is DF080 in Renault notation. Have you read what the factory manual recommends to do with it?
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

pompion

Postby pompion » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:38 pm

Well I replaced the camshaft sensor and the dephaser solenoid. And you guessed it, its still stalling on start up its also a bit rough when driving and lacks some power.

I have found if when I start it I rev it to 2000rpm for about 1min then it settles down.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this before I decide that arsen is a good way ahead. LOL

Cheers

pompion

Postby pompion » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:40 pm

Just paid for an OBD scanner and downloaded Scantool. As at the moment I havent got a clue where or what to do next. I cant seem to find any good advice for this problem just lots of possible things. :banghead

By the time I would change all these items it would be cheaper to buy a whole new engine. I have vowed to never have another renault after this one. Far too much hassle. :x

dave208
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane expression 1.6VVT

Postby dave208 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:41 am

UPDATE !!

Problem sorted - Bought a new camsensor and all is okay in the world of Megane now :P

I also cleaned all other plugs / connectors with WD40 and gave the trhrottle body a good clean out with brake cleaner.....

I also sorted the issue with the car cutting on after start up (WHen cold)
That seems to have been the TDC which brake cleaner cleaned perfectly.....

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Postby tomalamix » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:48 am

hi there,

with an oscilloscope you will find many many faults in the sensors, avoiding to buy and make bad diagnostics, but as everything you need some reference signal to understand if the signal is ok or not

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Postby Paddy » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:42 pm

Please see this link for a comprehensive guide to each fault code...

https://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.ph ... ault_Codes

everson38
Currently Drives:: Megane Mk 2 2006

Postby everson38 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:27 am

dave208 wrote:UPDATE !!

Problem sorted - Bought a new camsensor and all is okay in the world of Megane now :P

I also cleaned all other plugs / connectors with WD40 and gave the trhrottle body a good clean out with brake cleaner.....

I also sorted the issue with the car cutting on after start up (WHen cold)
That seems to have been the TDC which brake cleaner cleaned perfectly.....

I doubt your still in the world of megane but hopefully you can help me. In an earlier post u said u changed your cam sensor and it didn't work but then you said u changed it again and it did work? Did u replace the sens or twice then? Thanks

Return to “Problems / Questions”