Car will not lock

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

wing
Currently Drives:: 2003 Megane Privilege 16v, 1997 Goldwing, 2001 Focus 1.8

Car will not lock

Postby wing » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:54 pm

For some reason I can not lock the car by pressing the button in the door handle on the front driver side, but the rest are fine

Andy

-KJ-
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Mégane II Ph.1 1.6 16v Dynamique Luxe, full leather seats, Carminat Informé 1 with CD-changer.

Re: Car will not lock

Postby -KJ- » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:01 am

The reason is probably that the button is defective! A common problem with the Megane. The part isn't very expensive, but the labourcosts are high because they need to take half the door apart.
From Holland! Megane II Phase 1, Black Pearl, 1.6 16V LPG, Dynamique Luxe, full leather, Carminat 1 with CD-changer, Phase 2 front.

chevin
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 Dynamique, Comfort Pack/

Re: Car will not lock

Postby chevin » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:09 pm

Andy, have similar problem on 2003 car- although it only started to show itself after 4 - 5 years. I presumed the bottons were just worn with use. Although even now they do sometimes work. At the moment the drivers side are not working - I suspect that they are suffering from damp - as when I open the doors - the locking tries to initate itself (see other reports on this website last 2 weeks). When theres some reasonabel weather - I'll try to take the doors cards off and balst them with WD 40.

Otherwise I'll just have to live with it.

Return to “Problems / Questions”