radio display

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

andyleicester

radio display

Postby andyleicester » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:23 am

the radio/clock display in the centre of my dash has been pushed in (borats cousin at the local car wash)......still visible but just dangling behind the opening.
wondering if i can remove the section that houses the display. is it screwed in? clipped on? do i need to remove the other sections below it first?
looks like it should just pop out but don`t want to break anything.
thanks for any advice
andy

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Re: radio display

Postby IainMW » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:33 am

Easy to get at, you need to grab hold of the top of the binnacle where the display is and lift it up firmly as it is only held in place by 4 spring clips.

As you lift it up you should be able to get your other hand under the gap that appears above the air vents to help removal, It can feel like you are going to break it but you won't

I hope you are going to send him a bill if any damage has been done? :mad
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

andyleicester

Re: radio display

Postby andyleicester » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:50 pm

thanks iain

just done it, took me at least 3 minutes!
thanks for the advice, and yes, borats cousin is gonna have to pay.

cheers
andy

Return to “Problems / Questions”