seat recliner

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

stevemanda
Currently Drives:: megane cc
clio

seat recliner

Postby stevemanda » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:47 pm

hi all
today i have purchased a megane cc. the passenger seat is stuck in a bolt upright position, if i pull the cupped handle at the front of the seat it only pulls out half that off the drivers seat. i have had a feel underneath but cant seem to find anything out of place. all the other seat functions work okay.
thanks for any helpful advice
best regards
steve

chevin
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 Dynamique, Comfort Pack/

Re: seat recliner

Postby chevin » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:35 pm

Steve - also have cc (my wifes)as well as a hatchback too. This problems occurs on the cc - I'm sure it is because we've had leather seats as an option. When moving the seats I'm sure release mechanism (wires?) get stuck usually this happens when moving the seat fwd/backwards - a good jolt usually fixes it.

Just have a look at the mechansim for the movement and see if you can free it up

stevemanda
Currently Drives:: megane cc
clio

Re: seat recliner

Postby stevemanda » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:17 pm

sorted it today. took the seat out, removed the plastic panel where the height adjust handle is, removed the cable, prised the plastic clip off so i could get to the square shaped metal spinal & gave it a little tweek with a pair of mole grips. sorted in just a few minutes
thanks all for looking & i hope others will make use of this
regards
steve

Return to “Problems / Questions”