Head lamp replacement

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

slimpknz
Currently Drives:: Megane 06 1.5 Dci 106

Head lamp replacement

Postby slimpknz » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:23 pm

Hi please be gentle with me but more impotantly dont hurt your heads too much when your banging them off the wall.

Ok own a 2006 1.5 dci megane II , and am trying to replace the driver side head lamp ( the one that fits inside the round lamp holder feature visible when looking at the front), so ok i've taken off the arch cover reached up and unscrewed the plastic water-tight cover from the fitting. Have now taken off the push plug fitting from the ofending bulb.........this took all of 5 mins.
Now I'm feeling for the hinged spring clip that holds the bulb in place that i've heard so much of on this forum , but no hinged spring clip is present ....and Im pretty sure about this cause after 30 mins or so still no further forward.
Stopped put the kettle on then hit the forums to discover it might be held in place by a W shaped clip, so sod the tea and off out I go.
Now after a further 40 minutes of fumbling for nothing that was obvious in not the best winter we have had in Scotland for 40 years , I retract my scraped, bruised, frozen and swollen arm to admit defeat. Now the icing on the cake was when I went to refit the arch cover, time and time again but no it had other ideas. Off it shot into the cavity it was supposed to be covering and after another 5-8 mins with a torch recovered and finally fitted the cover.
Sod it! Off i drive to experience my engine to cut out ...........and no amount of "I love you" or "please please pretty please" would prompt it to start again.
Back home .......phone call to RAC ......that will be 70 quid extra because its home start..........let me just bend over and oil up before you shaft me!....... Ok oiled up and 70 notes lighter it turns out I took out the fuel line with the arch cover going skeewiff. So Im lookin for a little heads up on this , anybody got a pic or two to help out? ..please pretty please

bucky
Learner Driver

Re: Head lamp replacement

Postby bucky » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:56 pm

Are you asking how to remove the blub? With my 07 car you leave the plug on the back of the blub and apply slight pressure and this will release the blub from the holder and allow you to remove it. Took me hours to figure it out the first time I did it as I was feeling for a spring clip aswell, it wasn't until I read the handbook that it said just to push the plug to release the blub. Good luck!
Bummer about the £70 for knocking the fuel line out :(
megane cc 106dci 57reg quartz

jasper18

Postby jasper18 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:13 pm

it takes a few times doing it before getting the hang of it,, maybe if you have a digital camera point it in the general direction of the back of the bulb with both covers off and get a picture of it, so that you can see the clip in question, i usually leave the connector on the bulb until the clip is free,,,

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:18 pm

You removed the wheel arch internal cover and damaged the fuel line whilst replacing it?
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Postby Gav » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:14 pm

There is no clip on facelifted (06 on) MkII's. And I found it a right pain to get the beam pattern correct after replacing - but it is possible.
06 Extreme Blue 1.5dCi 106 Dynamique Sport Tourer with panoramic sunroof and Dension Gateway

slimpknz
Currently Drives:: Megane 06 1.5 Dci 106

Postby slimpknz » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:05 pm

Excellent advice and suggestions as usual my friends, will definately give the digital camera thing a go. Just to be clear guys, when i apply the pressure to the offending bulb should the pressure be forwards, left , right or up. Many thanks for taking the time, feckin love this forum.

bucky
Learner Driver

Postby bucky » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:09 pm

just apply light forward pressure and it should just free itself
megane cc 106dci 57reg quartz

Return to “Problems / Questions”