Banging and creaking roof on CC

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

bucky
Learner Driver

Banging and creaking roof on CC

Postby bucky » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:55 pm

Hi Folks
I have searched this on here but can see a post with this problem so am thinking it is not common. Has anyone with a CC ever had problems with the roof creaking and banging as if it is bouncing around? It has been into the dealer twice now and they can't find anything wrong with it, last time they removed all the trim and lubed everything but it makes no difference. It does not start making the nosie until I have travelled about 15 miles in the morning, it will then do it all day, the exception to this is if it is raining when it doesn't do it at all. The dealer are going to have it again in a couple of weeks to look at it again but they are getting nearly as frustrated as me with it. Just hoping someone on here will have had this, resolved it and be able to tell me exactly what the solution is.

Thanks for reading
Colin
megane cc 106dci 57reg quartz

Liggy
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Black 2004 Renault Megane CC Privilege

Re: Banging and creaking roof on CC

Postby Liggy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:10 pm

I have a CC as well. My roof would squeak and shudder a wee bit when going over a rough road, but I've never done anything about it. A convertible roof is quite heavy, and is obviously not permanently attached to the body of the car. I've just assumed that's the way it is, and got used to living with it.
2004 Renault Megane CC Privilege 1.9DCI.

Return to “Problems / Questions”