Brake > Start > RADIO CODE Again?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

jo3yb777
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: 2004 54-Reg Renault Megane 1.6 Dynamique Auto Silver
(SORN'd)

Brake > Start > RADIO CODE Again?

Postby jo3yb777 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:38 pm

Wasn't too sure whethere this goes in the ICE section or the Ownership problem section.
But its definetly a problem :twisted:

For the past two weeks my Megane wants a radio code everytime I start it.
Thought it was the battery, nope. Fuses etc, nope. Even plugged in OBD thing, nothing related to radio (as expected, but was worth a try).
Took it to Renault, 20 minutes, fixed for free :D
Turned engine off, on, off, on repeatedly to make sure it wasn't a one time thing.
It sure wasn't. Drove home pleased with my CDs playing.
Parked it for about two hours, decided to go out.
Started her up. Radio Code! :x

Its coming to the point where I either put a non-standard head unit in, but I like the way the dash screen and the radio work together and I can't seem to find a suitable head unit without chavvy flashing lights and shiny plastic buttons that doesn't cost a million pounds.
Alternatively I've been told I should get another one from Renault, which I could do but a new unit should probably be a last resort in my case because I prefer the stock remote thing and dash LCD.

Is there some sort of override for the code like there is for my dad's s-type because I'm getting sick of this funking problem and having to enter my code via the remote thing on the steering column :evil:
2004 Megane 5-door 1.6 Dynamique

davelowe
Driving Legend

Re: Brake > Start > RADIO CODE Again?

Postby davelowe » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:51 pm

I take it you checked the fuses in the engine multiplex module as well as the glove box?
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

Return to “Problems / Questions”