dephaiser ??? 1.6 53/04

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

nigel.maddern
Currently Drives:: renault megane 1.6 vvt 2004

dephaiser ??? 1.6 53/04

Postby nigel.maddern » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:54 pm

been reading lots about this depahaiser . i have a 53/04 1.6 dynamic 62000 miles , just bought from garage so still has warrenty.
what am enquiring is some times not all the time when starting from cold the car starts then stops[as if the choke hasnt initiated] if i start with throttle it is ok . what i would like to know what are the symptons that a dephaiser is on its way out??? any help would be appriciated because i may as well get it replaced under warrenty. p.s just had a service and cam belt replaced

chevin
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 Dynamique, Comfort Pack/

Re: dephaiser ??? 1.6 53/04

Postby chevin » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:09 pm

Nigel, rough idling at low speed on start up from cold. A blip on the throttle usually sorts it out as you move off. Mine went at 26 k miles and the car was 40 months old - I was surprised at the time the young person on the service desk knew what was wrong stright away - now I'm not! Dealers charge £ 500 - 700 - as the timing belt is also changed at the same time (main dealers specify). You might want to check the service history - if its a local car and there a local stealership - they may have a record of it being done/not being done.

Return to “Problems / Questions”