Window adjustment ??

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

dougieCC
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault megane CC 1.6

Window adjustment ??

Postby dougieCC » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:07 pm

Does anyone know if its possible to adjust the windows, as the one on the drives door has a gap in some place 2-3mm, which today has let in alot of water.
I jumped in and pressed the switch, and it was definatly fully closed, but still a gap, so was wondering if you can adjust the mechanisum to lift it up slightly.

Also on my wifes scenic, when you double lock you can see the windows move slightly, where as on my CC nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Alan
Megane CC 1.6vvt and 1.4 clio

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Re: Window adjustment ??

Postby AlexB » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:05 pm

Try unplugging and connecting back the door. Then recalibrate the window as explained in the sticky thread above.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

dougieCC
Advanced Driver

Postby dougieCC » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:21 pm

Will try that.

Cheers
Alan

Skidms9
Learner Driver

Postby Skidms9 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:55 pm

Yes, Megane CC windows can be adjusted if necessary by loosening the glass retaining bolts behind the door panel flap and moving the window. However, it's an awkward process that, if not done correctly, can cause problems with water leaks and roof and door closure. If you need more info, let me know and i I'll post a 'How-To' on it if there isn't one on the forums already.

dougieCC
Advanced Driver

Postby dougieCC » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:04 pm

Skidms9 wrote:Yes, Megane CC windows can be adjusted if necessary by loosening the glass retaining bolts behind the door panel flap and moving the window. However, it's an awkward process that, if not done correctly, can cause problems with water leaks and roof and door closure. If you need more info, let me know and i I'll post a 'How-To' on it if there isn't one on the forums already.

That would be great if you could, tried disconecting but no joy.

Alan

Skidms9
Learner Driver

Postby Skidms9 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:48 pm

Tools: T30 & T 40 screwdrivers, trim leverage tool, small flat screwdriver or pick, 8mm thick setting gauge (piece of square dowel or a few ice lolly sticks taped together)

Open up the inner door panel flap as shown below (red section). When removing the stowage box, don't pull on the lid. It'll break off in your hands. Also pop out the window switch assembly (not shown) and disconnect it. The door panel flap is hinged along the top so pull it from the bottom edge.

With the window in the up position, look inside the door and along the top you'll see 2 T40 screws that hold the glass to the regulator. Loosen them slightly until the glass can be moved by hand. Having 2 people is very useful here, 1 in and 1 out of the car. With the door shut, lift the glass so it fits snugly into the roof side seal (area 1 - below). It needs to be just tight enough so as you can't hook the top of the glass with your thumb nail when you check it all later. At the same time the front-to-rear gap needs to be uniformly set (top to bottom) with your 8mm gauge, also shown below. When your happy with the glass position, the person inside can nip up the 2 T 40's.

Make your final checks, glass to roof side seal and front-to-rear window gap. If it all looks good, put your door back together. Hope this is enough to be of help to you. Good luck.

dougieCC
Advanced Driver

Postby dougieCC » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:46 pm

Skidms9
Many thanks, will try tomoprrow as on a 12 hrs shift at present.

Thanks again
Alan

davisonwillows
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane CC 130DCI Dynamique

Postby davisonwillows » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:25 pm

Skidms9 wrote:Tools: T30 & T 40 screwdrivers, trim leverage tool, small flat screwdriver or pick, 8mm thick setting gauge (piece of square dowel or a few ice lolly sticks taped together)

Open up the inner door panel flap as shown below (red section). When removing the stowage box, don't pull on the lid. It'll break off in your hands. Also pop out the window switch assembly (not shown) and disconnect it. The door panel flap is hinged along the top so pull it from the bottom edge.

With the window in the up position, look inside the door and along the top you'll see 2 T40 screws that hold the glass to the regulator. Loosen them slightly until the glass can be moved by hand. Having 2 people is very useful here, 1 in and 1 out of the car. With the door shut, lift the glass so it fits snugly into the roof side seal (area 1 - below). It needs to be just tight enough so as you can't hook the top of the glass with your thumb nail when you check it all later. At the same time the front-to-rear gap needs to be uniformly set (top to bottom) with your 8mm gauge, also shown below. When your happy with the glass position, the person inside can nip up the 2 T 40's.

Just seen your thread from a Google search. Top man...thank you. My wife's Megane CC is leaking water through the passenger door (gap between glass and seal on leading end of window) This post has helped me greatly. I'll have a go at it tomorrow. Thanks again, Paul

Make your final checks, glass to roof side seal and front-to-rear window gap. If it all looks good, put your door back together. Hope this is enough to be of help to you. Good luck.

:D

schumy
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.6

Postby schumy » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:12 am

Skidms9 wrote:Tools: T30 & T 40 screwdrivers, trim leverage tool, small flat screwdriver or pick, 8mm thick setting gauge (piece of square dowel or a few ice lolly sticks taped together)

Hi,

I am sorry for pushing up an old post but I was wondering if somebody had those pictures. Would be really useful!

Thanks

shaparay
Currently Drives:: megane cc mk2 1.9 dci previlige

Postby shaparay » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:27 pm

im trying to find those pics too
thanks

Return to “Problems / Questions”