megane mpg

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

linux44
Passed Theory

megane mpg

Postby linux44 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:50 pm

Hi guys
My car: Megane 1.6 dynamic (2003 new shape).
What is the maximum MPG that u get on ur car in motorway?
Mine is 40 maximum ,I have drove the car from UK to Germany and the maximum I got was 38,39. Which I suppose Renault is suggestion that it should be 50 MPG in outside urban.
I was driving at 60 to70 MPH.
Is that a fault?

One thing ,My car may have a dephaser problem which sometime in morning it retells , makes a bad noise and does not start for the first and sometime second start.

I also have changed the spark plugs and put 4 new pair of Bosch on it (bought it from Halfords) ,Renault dealer was saying that they will damage the engine because of number of reason is that right ?or was he just trying to make me buy it from them ?

chevin
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 Dynamique, Comfort Pack/

Re: megane mpg

Postby chevin » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:11 pm

Linux, have a 2003/1.6 5 - door. Commute to work ( 1/2 0n M6) and local roads give me arround 38 mpg/200 miles per week. I've just started dropping my daughter off at school which means more M way mileage and I can get over 42. I suspect if I tried hard I could get over 40 - but I tend not to hang around onthe M way

Also have a 2006/1.6 cc - my wife usually gets around 32 mpg just around town on v short trips. Went to Cornwall in the summer and the 350 single trip was getting around 45 mpg with car fully loaded at M way speeds - which suggest this is about teh maximum for this car.

Return to “Problems / Questions”