Issues to sort before extended warranty runs out

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

perrythebaxter
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 Sport Hatch

Issues to sort before extended warranty runs out

Postby perrythebaxter » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:38 pm

Hi,

Apologies if these items have been posted elsewhere on the site but would welcome comments on the following problems which I have with an 06 1.6 Sports Hatch, bought last year:-

Poor fit of front wings - there is a noticeable gap between the metal door line and the plastic wing line both sides. I have raised this under warranty without success.

Front dipped bulb - I have had two of this fail already at a cost of £30 each - is this a common problem?

A13XDT
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 54 Plate Megane Dci 86 Rush - Platinum Silver

Re: Issues to sort before extended warranty runs out

Postby A13XDT » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:18 pm

Are the bulbs Xenon? For the £30 each. I personally havent heard of it being a common problem tbh, but you never know.
And the wing fit seems to be a problem with most meganes. The 3 in my family all have a 'bulge' and one point where the mould obviously wasnt designed right.

Alex

pw981
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.9dCi replaced with a 07 Toyota Auris 2.2 D-CAT 180

Re: Issues to sort before extended warranty runs out

Postby pw981 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:32 pm

I would have to agree about the wings, poor quality control combined with typical build quality standards from Renault - not much you can do about it I would say. Mine aren't too bad - but I've seen worse on other Meganes.
2004 Megane II 1.9dCi

Return to “Problems / Questions”