Key card locking

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

KIB

Key card locking

Postby KIB » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:08 pm

It seems that no sooner i get rid of one fault more pop up.

The car won't lock from the button in the handle. None of them. It can only be locked via the key card or the button in the boot badge. I've been told that one of the handles is a master and if it fails then none of them work. any one had the same issue and if so which one is the master one? :conf

chevin
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 Dynamique, Comfort Pack/

Re: Key card locking

Postby chevin » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:54 am

Ah the pleasures of owner a Megane...........

I have a Nov '03 car with Comfort Pack - so it has the keyless entry/start locking. The buttons on the handles seem to wear out with use. Much to the amusement of my colleagues I usually lock the car with the switch on the "Renault" emblem on the boot. The switches don't work on the drivers side as its the ones I used most. The optical sensors on the door handles have never failed......yet.

I did have troubel one winter as none of the doors could be openned without using the card manually - Ren fixed it as it was in the warranty period - they knew straight away what was wrong and fixed it in a morning - not sure if it was a central (under bonnet ?) sensor that had got wet/iced in the frosts ?

Return to “Problems / Questions”