End of a nightmare

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Rovren

End of a nightmare

Postby Rovren » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:21 am

:D With a sigh of relief I can report that I have finally got shot of my Megane Mk2 1.6 VVT. I had to take a big financial hit but it was worth it knowing that the car will never darken my garage again. Of the many cars I have owned and the countless numbers I have driven over a long motoring life the Megane tops the list for unreliability. Ignition coils , engine sensors, battery, water pump, door locks, key card, window motor and so on. The one saving grace (for which I give a big thank you) has been this forum and its knowledgeable contributors which has enabled me to do a certain amount of DIY instead of always having to go to overpriced Renault dealers. The new owner is aware of the car's history but he does not seem to be bothered presumably because he only had to pay peanuts to take it off my hands. So it's goodbye from me as I head off towards my local Honda dealership to look for a new car.

chevin
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 Dynamique, Comfort Pack/

Re: End of a nightmare

Postby chevin » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:45 am

Rovy, hopefully I'll be joining you next Spring with off loading 2. The thing is, the knife is further twisted with the hopeless main dealers - a change in their attitude would soften the blow of depahsers/windows etc - but it does n't does it ?

Can't wait

rik220
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: "99 1.2 Clio
Soon to be a 3dr megane

Postby rik220 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:49 pm

I got rid of mine tonight. Mine gave me no problems but I, like you, am going for a honda. Looking at getting a civic sport :)

Immobilizer
Passed Theory

Postby Immobilizer » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:01 am

I am getting rid of mine in 12 months.

Can't wait either.

This car has given me no end of stress, depression and sleepless nights.

Bucket of sh1t and never again will i buy from Renault.

MéganeDynamique
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Mégane 2.0 VVT Dynamique Sport Hatch

Postby MéganeDynamique » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:37 pm

I love my Mégane! Nobody else in this post seems to so I might as well say it :D
Ottoman Blue 2.0 VVT Privilège 5 Door - Full beige leather, ESP, Xenon headlights, Carminat Navigation, Cruise etc.
Ink Blue 2.0 VVT Dynamique 3 Door... Black Leather, heated seats, panoramic sunroof, tyre pressure sensors, Hands Free etc.

Return to “Problems / Questions”