front windows

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

cj82

front windows

Postby cj82 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:44 am

some advice please
i have a 1.6vvt 55 plate which has had one major electrical fault (the main electric control system) and one minor electrial fault (window washer motor) both these problems were fixed under warrenty so wasnt too concerned.
however now the drivers window has suddenly stopped working and my car is no longer in its warrenty, can anyone give me a clue what might be the problem and how much it is likely to cost? and also if this will cause it to fail an mot?

chevin
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 Dynamique, Comfort Pack/

Re: front windows

Postby chevin » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:12 am

CJ - search this site on the front windows as the earlier cars had problems with them - worst case is the motor at £ 300 at the stealerships

It won't fail the MoT on windows - I've had one not working on mine for 18 months now

cj82

Re: front windows

Postby cj82 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:08 pm

thanks for your post :-)

just phoned dealership to book my car in for its MOT and mentioned the broken window, good news because my car is less than 4 years old (7 days less) it can be fixed FOC as the warrenty on this part has been extended to 4 years or 75000 miles!!

Return to “Problems / Questions”