Electric fault

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

mustdash
Currently Drives:: Megane 225 Sport

Electric fault

Postby mustdash » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:43 pm

Hi guys! I have a 2005 Megane Sport with Keyless entry/start. The other day I got in the car, put my keys in the centre console bit (under the radio) and drove away. My radio then turned itself off.... I looked down and saw that one of my keys on my key ring was in the hole where the cigarette lighter should be (other half hadnt put it back in after using it to charger her phone!). Now, when I turn the engine off and open the door, the radio stays on (should turn off automatically) and wash wipe (front and rear) doesnt work either.... I have a feeling that the key in the fag lighter socket has shorted / fused something somewhere, but am at a bit of a loss (electrical circuits never were my thing at school!). Surely if it was a fuse, the radio wouldnt work at all? Again, if it was a fuse, surely the wipers wouldnt work (as opposed to just some functions?!). Its booked in to an auto electrician at the end of the week, but I'd rather not pay for a fix unless I really have to.

Cheers for the help guys.

mustdash
Currently Drives:: Megane 225 Sport

Re: Electric fault

Postby mustdash » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:03 pm

All

CANCEL CANCEL!!

I have found my answer a few posts below under 12v cig socket!!!

A simple fuse had gone after all!!! I feel sooooo stupid!

antos
Currently Drives:: renault megane saloon

Re: Electric fault

Postby antos » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:18 pm

Glad my post helped you out I was also concerned about an expensive
auto-electrical fix.

Regards

Antos

Return to “Problems / Questions”