The dreaded "Keyless Entry"

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Adams
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 16V 04

The dreaded "Keyless Entry"

Postby Adams » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:03 pm

Hello,
So ive introduced myself, had a look round incase the problem we have is a comman fault, and guess what! it is,

The car wont open at all, we have two keys new batterys in both
Button on the handle wont work
once inside the car put your foot on the clutch/brake pedal starts without having to put the card in the slot
Exactly the same when trying to lock it
Wont lock, either with the card or by pushing the handel
We are having to use the key inside the key card(if that makes sense) to lock and unlock it :D

So i guess its the expensive option of new sensors all round :shock:

chevin
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 Dynamique, Comfort Pack/

Re: The dreaded "Keyless Entry"

Postby chevin » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:28 am

Adamski, have 53 plate with Comfort pack which gives keyless entry. Hands free entry works, but some of the buttons to lock do not - suspect they are worn out. The boot one still works. I did have a similar problem in warranty - just as the frosts started - local stealership fixed it straight away and quickly (they at least got that right). It seems - and I did n't pursue as it was under warranty - that it was a single (under bonnet ?) sensor ? There may be hope ?

tallpaul
Pass Plus

Postby tallpaul » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:10 pm

sounds like a few different issues, the door handle buttons/sensor are worn out, not really an issue imo and an expensive fix. Why the card isn't comminicating outside the car at all is a puzzle, there are several aerials and its tough to believe they are ALL broken! you maybe best getting renault to hook it up for diagnosis.
52 Megane dCi 120 Dynamique 5dr ● 18" Team Dynamics Pro Comp II ● OEM clear lights ● OEM RenaultSport 225 Front Bumper ● Yellow Fogs ● Black Roof

cow741
Currently Drives:: Megane 2, 3dr, Black, 1.9dci 120

Postby cow741 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:21 pm

My car is behaving equally as badly!

Recently the card has stopped working altogether. Not unlocking with the hands free (the door buttons stopped working months ago) and requiring to be locked with the boot button. Rubbing the battery (even brand new ones) seems to work for some reason and then the hands free lets you unlock it.

As above, the card is sometimes not recognised inside the car either.

No idea what is going wrong, not going to get it fixed, glad im getting rid of it in a couple weeks!!!
53, dynamique, 1.9dci 120, pearl black, all the options (except cruise and leather)

Return to “Problems / Questions”