Sunroof will not open.

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

priceyboy
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Dymanique

Sunroof will not open.

Postby priceyboy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:25 am

My panaramic sun roof will not open. When i turn the knob i can hear the relay clicking but sunroof will not move. I have tried "the holding the button fix" but alas no joy. I am going to dissconnect the battery next to see if that resets any thing but that is going to be a last resort as i do not have my radio code. Any help would be greatly apreciated. Thank you in advance.

onlyme
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: PUNTO MK2

Re: Sunroof will not open.

Postby onlyme » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:08 pm

how long have you held the button for? the roof takes a bit longer. id hold it for a good 40sec or so

john10001
Pass Plus

Postby john10001 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:34 am

The seals may have seized up if it hasn't been used for a long time. That happened on mine over winter a year ago. Luckily it didn't cost a lot to fix at local independent garage. I believe they only charged £50. You can use some sort of lubrication on the seals every so often to prevent it from happening and I believe also prevents rattling issue some ppl may have from sunroof. You just have to search the forum to find info on that and what lubricant used.

priceyboy
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Dymanique

Postby priceyboy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:09 am

While waiting for my wife, I started to play about with the button. Pressing and holding it in different positions (it’s become a bit of an obsession) it suddenly opened. For the rest of that day it worked beautifully. Got in the car the next day and its back to normal. Now I am back to pressing and holding and pressing and holding. Please does any know the correct sequence as it is now getting very frustrating? :banghead

john10001
Pass Plus

Postby john10001 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:04 am

The correct sequence for the Megane is...

Something goes wrong with it, you take it to garage, they fix it, you give them loads of money, you drive home, it breaks down, you have it recovered, it is taken to garage, they fix it, you give them loads of money, you drive home, something goes wrong with it, you take it to garage, they fix it, you give them loads of money, you drive home, it breaks down, you have it recovered, it is taken to garage, they fix it, you give them loads of money, you drive home, something goes wrong with it, ad nauseum, infinitium etc.

My sunroof doesn't have a push button, it is one you twist. one turn to put it up, and turn through all the other stop to bring it right back and open.

Seriously... if you have problems with it try searching the forum for the right lubricant to use for the seals. If that doesn't work them you will have to take it into a garage and get them to look at it.

John

onlyme
Just Passed

Postby onlyme » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:55 pm

john10001 wrote:The correct sequence for the Megane is...

Something goes wrong with it, you take it to garage, they fix it, you give them loads of money, you drive home, it breaks down, you have it recovered, it is taken to garage, they fix it, you give them loads of money, you drive home, something goes wrong with it, you take it to garage, they fix it, you give them loads of money, you drive home, it breaks down, you have it recovered, it is taken to garage, they fix it, you give them loads of money, you drive home, something goes wrong with it, ad nauseum, infinitium etc.

My sunroof doesn't have a push button, it is one you twist. one turn to put it up, and turn through all the other stop to bring it right back and open.

Seriously... if you have problems with it try searching the forum for the right lubricant to use for the seals. If that doesn't work them you will have to take it into a garage and get them to look at it.

John

if you have the turn dial you will have the button..........

onlyme
Just Passed

Postby onlyme » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:58 pm

priceyboy wrote:While waiting for my wife, I started to play about with the button. Pressing and holding it in different positions (it’s become a bit of an obsession) it suddenly opened. For the rest of that day it worked beautifully. Got in the car the next day and its back to normal. Now I am back to pressing and holding and pressing and holding. Please does any know the correct sequence as it is now getting very frustrating? :banghead

turn it to shut. hold press the button for a good 40 - 50 seconds. if its not a mechanical falt it should work fine after this if it works fine then dies again my gues would be you have a lose connection to the battery. when the roofs power supply is cut it resets its self and forgets were open and shut positions are.... when you press and hold the button your in effect teaching it were these points are.... if you have a lose connection it will lose power wile driving and forget again

Return to “Problems / Questions”