Ive had enough!!!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

MONDO9
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.6 VVT Dynamique 2003

Ive had enough!!!

Postby MONDO9 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:47 pm

I have finally had enough of my Megane 1.6VVT Dynamique. :banghead
Dephaser problems, sensor problems, battery problems, Cardkey problems x 2, constant cold starting problems with no fix, extorionate prices from Renault....I've had it!!!!
Ive traded it in for a Nissan 4x4(well researched after this experience) :D

Thanks to everyone to contributed to my posts and problems, it was all greatly appreciated and gave me hope for few brief minutes.

Good luck to all those unlucky 1.6VVT owners, hope you find that fix!

Timing tools and Haynes manual will be on ebay shortly.

Cheers,

Simon

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Re: Ive had enough!!!

Postby Paddy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:20 pm

And there was me with a snaped drive shaft one year out of warrenty and Renault did every thing in their power to see it right. Replaced nearly every componet in that corner of the car without charge and have given me a clio in the mean time.

I cant fault my 2.0 VVT and i'm so impressed with customer service they all but have me for life. It would have cost me over £200 just to have the drive shaft replaced never mind the rest untill Renault UK stepped in.

P

MONDO9
Passed Theory

Postby MONDO9 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:46 pm

ulrich100 wrote:And there was me with a snaped drive shaft one year out of warrenty and Renault did every thing in their power to see it right. Replaced nearly every componet in that corner of the car without charge and have given me a clio in the mean time.

I cant fault my 2.0 VVT and i'm so impressed with customer service they all but have me for life. It would have cost me over £200 just to have the drive shaft replaced never mind the rest untill Renault UK stepped in.

P

Do you work for Renault or something? :conf

Im glad you have no issues with your car or Renault, try owning a 1.6VVT or read some of the hundreds of posts regarding the 1.6VVT to understand the frustration it and Renault cause!

dougieCC
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault megane CC 1.6

Postby dougieCC » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:16 am

Goodluck with the Nissan, I considered the X-trail before settling on the CC. Ive suffered the Dephaser problem and a couple of sensor problems and the first month of ownership spent just under a £1000 to solve, but enjoy the car to much to regret or give up.

Alan
Megane CC 1.6vvt and 1.4 clio

markren2004
Advanced Driver

Postby markren2004 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:25 am

we'll expect another "new" owner of a 1.6vvt on the forum in a week or 2 then !!

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:36 am

I think a lot comes down to the dealership with Renault. When I had my Meg II any problems were sorted straight away without question. Unfortunatley that dealership is no longer active so any problems that my Mrs suffers with her Modus take somewhat longer to get resolved and tbh I'm getting a bit peed off with it.

Good luck with the Nissan, a fine motor.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

rjacko
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.9 dci Dynamique, 3dr 03 reg

Postby rjacko » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:35 am

Good luck with the Nissan, would love a 4x4. Over here in Chester Nissan have combined forces with Renault and now share same premises. Hope they don't learn any of their bad habits :)
3dr 03 Megane 1.9Dci, Dynamique, panoramic roof, keyless system, full leather, 6 cd changer, 17" Nervasport alloys

MONDO9
Passed Theory

Postby MONDO9 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:08 am

Cheers guys,

Im getting a Pathfinder 2.5 Turbo diesel...cant wait. :D

For the record, I did love the car at first, great style and comfort but the issues I couldnt get fixed just wore me down... and I work in the automotive industry!
Never have I had a car that was so troublesome, including my first banger.

Its been an experience!

S

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

Postby nickbell69 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:08 am

I have a neighbour with an x trail which he's had for about 6months. Caused him nothing but problems he has a courtesy car on his drive more than the x trail!!
At the end of the day as when buying anything it's luck whether you get a good one or a problematic one.
My meggys done over 100k with very few problems.
Anyway i'm off now to post a problem with my brakes. :-)

steve the postman
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME TUNING BOX
DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER
HID HEADLIGHTS
PIAA HORNS
GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL

Postby steve the postman » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:00 am

Renault owns 51% of Nissan
Micra/clio
Pixo/Twingo
Quashqia? /new megane running gear
Nissan testing ground for new Renault ideas
swapping one Renault for a different badged one
Hope it proves to be better though
Steve

I stand corrected 44.4% up from 36.8%
thought they had taken option to buy the other 6.6%
Last edited by steve the postman on Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME, TUNING BOX, DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER, HID HEADLIGHTS, PIAA HORNS, GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL.

MONDO9
Passed Theory

Postby MONDO9 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:20 am

I agree its down to whether you get one that was made on a Friday backshift or a Tuesday dayshift! Its your luck.
However, I do work with both Nissan and Renault and although they are combined they have very different work ethics. To say a nissan is a renault because of switch gear is very simplistic.

My research on the pathfinder is as much as I can do without owning one, which I do now, and ive uncovered no horror stories as yet.

andywills
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.6e 16V VVT

Postby andywills » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:58 pm

where is the 51% from? they only own 44.4%
Renault Megané Dynamique 1.6e 16v VVT 2004

brianjw
Currently Drives:: megane dynamic sports hatch

Postby brianjw » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:11 pm

Hi new member, :tu joined for info on my wifes 1.9cdi Megane sports hatch, i tell you what "Had enough" try a volvo S40 oooohh my i am still praying it catchs fire soon (its a company car) suffice to say :banghead

Changed the headlight bulb on my wife megane tonight, i have to admit, apart from removing plug No 8 from inside the car on a 4.7 sumbeam tiger, that was an interesting and somewhat unique experience, especially as it was p..pp... persiting it down ;)

hope to be posting more in future

regards Brian

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

Postby nickbell69 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:45 pm

Welcome Brian and now you've changed a headlight bulb any other job will be a breeze. :cool:
Unlucky for it to have gone in the bad weather though. :lol:

john10001
Pass Plus

Postby john10001 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:04 pm

ulrich100 wrote:And there was me with a snaped drive shaft one year out of warrenty and Renault did every thing in their power to see it right. Replaced nearly every componet in that corner of the car without charge and have given me a clio in the mean time.

P

Renault UK are pretty good customer service wise, it's just the main renault dealers that are dreadful.

Return to “Problems / Questions”