Sunroof will not open

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

battleaxe
Currently Drives:: Renault megane 1500 dci tourer

Sunroof will not open

Postby battleaxe » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:55 am

Hi
I am new to the forum, I have tried a search with no success, sorry if these questions have been asked.

I have just purchased a renault megane 1.5 cdi tourer 05 model 99,000 mile dealer serviced on Saturday 15th, my problems are that the sunroof will not open( twin sunroof), it lifts up seems to stall then shuts back down again, tried all of the marked positions but it does the same, any ideas? Or is it bite the bullet and take it to the garage.

The other question is I have a new fog light to fit is there a guide of what to do to replace the light, drivers side.

Thank you for any help
Steve

andywills
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.6e 16V VVT

Re: Sunroof will not open

Postby andywills » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:03 am

try pushing and holding the middle of the dial for 5 seconds to reset it. had something similiar and this worked.
Renault Megané Dynamique 1.6e 16v VVT 2004

onlyme
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: PUNTO MK2

Postby onlyme » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:50 pm

its longer than 5 seconds but this will fox it for you, do it for 30 to be on the safe side

andywills
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.6e 16V VVT

Postby andywills » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:56 pm

this must be dependant on each car, i've never had to hold or press the buttons for more than 5 seconds to reset? oh well...
Renault Megané Dynamique 1.6e 16v VVT 2004

battleaxe

Postby battleaxe » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:10 pm

Thank you for your replies so far.

I have dried to reset with pressing the middle button for all types of time, but it seems to stall the motor then parks itself in the closed position, I have held some pressure to help it open and it did slide open with alot of stalling, then I had to hold the centre button and help it slide shut, the runners look clean, is thre anything else I should be looking at?

Has anyone got any help on replacing the drivers side fog light?

Thank you once again for your help

rjacko
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.9 dci Dynamique, 3dr 03 reg

Postby rjacko » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:30 pm

mine seized up when open once, used the hold button function to close and then would not reopen. Garage repaired it by greasing/lubing the runners, been ok since. hope this helps
3dr 03 Megane 1.9Dci, Dynamique, panoramic roof, keyless system, full leather, 6 cd changer, 17" Nervasport alloys

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:03 am

Does sound like the runners to me, did you get any warranty with it? If so get it back to them but make sure that they use the correct lube / grease. Either that or you need to find out what the lube is and either get some and do it yourself or go to a garage where they'll do it for you. I'm sure someone will be along soon that knows what lube it is :-)
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

battleaxe

Postby battleaxe » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:49 pm

Thank you for all your help, the sunroof now opens and closes , after assisting the roof to slide open and closed spraying silicon lube at the same time on the runners. Thanks again

Can anyone help with the fog light installation?

Cheers

Steve

Return to “Problems / Questions”