steam?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

pocket
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Mineral Blue Megane GT dCi 150

steam?

Postby pocket » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:48 am

I was wondering if this is a feature or a problem with my meg? :)

Yesterday when i arrived at work i noticed a small amout of steam coming out the bonnet. Had a look and it seemed to be coming from the ratiator kinda area. I say steam it might just be the hot air coming into contact with cold air. Its happened a couple of times when ive been crawling along the motorway. It's only happened in the morning when the air is a bit cooler. The cars only done 9.5k miles.
Mineral Blue Megane GT 2.0 dCi 150
Cabasse 4x40w with 6 disk changer, Pioneer TS-Q131C speakers, Kenwood KSC-SW10 sub.

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Re: steam?

Postby Gav » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:26 am

Any smell of diesel? Any left on the ground after the car's been there? Last year my dCi106 had a fuel return problem (fixed under warranty) and sometimes I saw a little vapourised diesel escaping from the bonnet.

Other than that, check all fluid levels incase something's amiss...
06 Extreme Blue 1.5dCi 106 Dynamique Sport Tourer with panoramic sunroof and Dension Gateway

pocket
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Mineral Blue Megane GT dCi 150

Re: steam?

Postby pocket » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:19 pm

no no smells at all. I'm actually wondering if the fan is working. Just realised ive not noticed it recently.
Mineral Blue Megane GT 2.0 dCi 150
Cabasse 4x40w with 6 disk changer, Pioneer TS-Q131C speakers, Kenwood KSC-SW10 sub.

Return to “Problems / Questions”