renault fuel problems

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

james_ward30

renault fuel problems

Postby james_ward30 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:49 pm

im new and not sure if im in right place to ask this or not, ive got a 54reg renault megane scenic 1.5tdi, im having alot of engine problems and was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the fuel pump on this car, i think its in the fuel tank but im unsure and if it is can i remove it without removing the tank, also i cant find the relay or fuse for the pump, if anyone could help id really appreciate it

Toodeep
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 5 Door Privilege 1.6

Re: renault fuel problems

Postby Toodeep » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:03 am

Since you've got no answers yet, I thought I'd look in the workshop manual for the regular Megane. The fuel pump is only in the tank on the petrol models. According to the Haynes manual, the Diesels' "fuel is drawn from the fuel tank to the high pressure pump by a low pressure transfer pump integrated in the high pressure pump." It goes on to describe removal of the pump but I suggest you'd benefit from seeing the accompanying pictures.

I don't know whether there is a Haynes manual specific to the Scenic but even if there isn't, as a man who doesn't mind getting your hands dirty, investing in the one for the regular Megane, which must surely be identical in many respects, might be a good idea.

Return to “Problems / Questions”