need extended warrinty

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

rossioni
Currently Drives:: magane tourer - tdi

need extended warrinty

Postby rossioni » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:25 am

Hi Again

I bought a 1.9dci tourer from arnold clark 2 years ago with the only previso is they gave me an auto care warrinty for 2 years
this has been great and after 2 failed elec windows ( £550) 2 steering rod thing (120) each plus 4 ingntion coils (120)
it has saved me a fortune..2 years is up and i cant extend it...

I actually really like the car... very big and safe and quite quick ...plus after losing half its value in the current market..Im going to run it into the ground...or for the next 3 years witha new warrinty

Ive looked at new warrinties and its a minefield can anyone suggest one...I dont mind paying high if its good..
Has anyone used the tesco premier one - £350

Cheers

anth_dci
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II DCi 120 Dynamique 52 plate

Re: need extended warrinty

Postby anth_dci » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:17 pm

althought techincally not a warranty i have aa breakdown repair cover. They'll come out and try to fix it, if they cant theyll tow you to a garage of your choice and pay upto £500 to have it fixed. Theres not much a none dealer garage cant fix for that kind of price really.
Megane II dynamique 1.9 DCI 120bhp, 5 door, 52 plate.

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Re: need extended warrinty

Postby Ray » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:47 pm

i have AA warranty and breakdown cover with them... £24 a month for both - top level covers (Gold? warranty and breakdown at home etc.. dunno if it covers EU but i don't travel there in my car)

Return to “Problems / Questions”