stalling when stating

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

kirky
Currently Drives:: megan 1.6 dynamique

stalling when stating

Postby kirky » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:55 pm

hi my car has started stalling when starting when hot or cold then runs ok the warning ligh came on so got it checked it said cam position sensor so had it replaced and code cleared but still doing the same thing i have no grinding noise or rattles which usually means the dreaded dephaser can any one help

Jonault
Advanced Driver

Re: stalling when stating

Postby Jonault » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:43 pm

Take it back and ask them to check that the new sensor is functioning. Sometimes even brand new parts can fail.
1.4 Hatch, Ottoman Blue, 55 Reg, Dynamique

kirky
Currently Drives:: megan 1.6 dynamique

Postby kirky » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:09 pm

is that right have even had it back on a computor even with the engine running and the guy said no faults shown or stored whatever that means he went through every thing on the engine it baffled him have even had the throttle unit cleaned would the dephaser solenoid show up as a fault this car is a night mare

robsay10

Postby robsay10 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:39 pm

Hi

I Have been hiving the exact same issues for about 2 weeks now , as well as the car just running poorly ( very slow off the start when cold)

Mine is Currently with a dealership now getting the dephaser changed and everything else! Costing me a nighmare £500 :-( just out of warranty!!!!!

MEGANEII 1.6 VVT DYNAM

I will let you know tomorrow how its running when i pick it up!!

Return to “Problems / Questions”