Warranty Stuff

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Ross W

Warranty Stuff

Postby Ross W » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:34 pm

Ok,

So I've got a 56 plate megane hatch, 1.6 16v vvt dynamique. it's just coming up to 30,000 on the clock and it's not due an mot until september.
I think I've got issues with the dephaser pulley and also the drivers side window regulator. Car makes a severe rattle on first starts (almost like grinding) and the Drivers side window just decided to stop working the other month....

Only thing is I haven't had the car serviced yet and when i bought it (May 2007) I was told it had just been serviced (pre 12,000 miles :!: ) I've went to look at the service book and it isn't stamped and nothing in it to indicate a service. Will this affect my warranty if I put it in for the work to get done.

Cheers

R

;)

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Re: Warranty Stuff

Postby AlexB » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:10 am

Shock, denial, what's next?

Did the computer say anything about "Change oil soon" at any point?
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Ross W

Postby Ross W » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:56 am

No but it was reset when we bought the car, so i suppose I should have checked that they stamped the book.

R

chevin
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 Dynamique, Comfort Pack/

Postby chevin » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:20 am

Ross,

Go back to the dealer - most dealerships have their records computerised, its just the grease monkey who forgot to stamp the book otherwise.

dougieCC
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault megane CC 1.6

Postby dougieCC » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:01 pm

I thought the dephaser pully did not affect cars 2006 onwards? or have Renault told me porkies...again.

Alan
Megane CC 1.6vvt and 1.4 clio

crispy2003

Postby crispy2003 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:50 pm

My wife has a similar problem with her 1.6 Dynamique 56 plate - Nov 2006.
The electrics have started playing up (windows, heated screen, air con have all failed at one point or another - the fuses were replaced by a main dealer); more worryingly the car fails to accelerate after sitting on idle unless you keep it at 2000 rpm. This is completely sporadic but the symptom is always identical:- revs drop to below 1000rpm and then fail to pick up as I try to pull away. Then about 5 or 6 seconds later it roars into life (Not great when trying to cross a busy junction).
I had the code read by a mechanic who told me the fault is related to the camshaft dephaser?
The lady at Renault Leicester insists that this cannot be attributed to the Dephaser but I found another forum, written by a Renault Service mechanic, that says this is exactly a fault that can be attributed!
Help!

markren2004
Advanced Driver

Postby markren2004 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:07 pm

dougieCC wrote:I thought the dephaser pully did not affect cars 2006 onwards? or have Renault told me porkies...again.

Alan

the latest revision of the dephaser was end of 2005 and should be in 06 plate cars, but I guess it depends upon the manufacturers date rather than reg date, anyway even the new revised version isn't going to be bullit proof - it's a renault :-)

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

Postby nickbell69 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:28 pm

As above go back to where you bought it, say to the guy when you bought the car it had a service you've just checked and the mechanic has forgot to stamp the book. Be nice and i'm sure not to cause a scene they will stamp the book quietly for you.

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:44 pm

Ross,

If the indicator was reset, then there is a good chance that they actually changed the oil. It is good, because otherwise the engine would be dead by now. They might have entered this service into the database. Ask them to print it out.

There were several revisions of this part, all with different part numbers -- see my report in Links.

The next time use only MB229.3-MB229.5 oil, change it twice as frequently and avoid driving in very low revs.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Ross W

Postby Ross W » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:32 pm

Just an update, the dephaser was replaced under warranty and the window was fixed temporarily but they've ordered the loom and it's in so I'm just waiting to get it booked in to get fitted. MOT tomorrow and it needs a track rod end on the n/s (god only knows why) and also the rear brake pads are worn. So they'll also be changed too, that and the number plate bulbs.

R

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Postby Gav » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:38 pm

On my first MOT in May they replaced a track rod (perhaps just the end - I can't remember now), so it might be common on a certain age of Megane...
06 Extreme Blue 1.5dCi 106 Dynamique Sport Tourer with panoramic sunroof and Dension Gateway

Return to “Problems / Questions”