Alarm keeps going off!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Lisa
Currently Drives:: Silver '55' 1.6

Alarm keeps going off!

Postby Lisa » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:51 am

Alarm - standard facotry Renault fitted.

When I lock the car after a while the alarm goes off for no apparent reason and very random. The car is locked and where we live there is no chance that someone was trying to break into it.
if you lock the car using the central locking button inside the car and shut the doors it doesn't go off. we had to do this when we left the car at the airport carpark as it would have driven them mad.

I did get the Renault garage to disconnect the alarm you hear when you lock the car as it was annoying, this was done ages ago and this alarm thing has only started happening about 4 months now.

Has anyone else had this trouble? :banghead :cry

julesbloke
Currently Drives:: 07 Megane CC 1.9DCi

Re: Alarm keeps going off!

Postby julesbloke » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:26 pm

Hi Lisa, I just joined the forum and saw this post.

My Megane CC had exactly the same problem as yours. If it's still in warranty I'd suggest you keep taking it back.

I took mine in and they "modified" the bonnet sensor (I think they just put a sticky pad on the bonnet so it pressed the button harder). This didn't work, the alarm kept going off at random.

Took it in 4 more times after they failed to fix it each time. Eventually they had it for a week and replaced every sensor and the main alarm control box. It's been fine ever since!

Kevin22
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Sport Hatch
1.5dCi 106
Dynamique

Postby Kevin22 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:35 am

Hi Lisa,

there are a few posts on here relating to similar problems, one of them which has happened to myself was that there was a fly in the car which was picked up by the ultra sonic sensors when the car was dead locked! :-(

This made the alarm go off.....maybe something similar for you! :)

Jonault
Advanced Driver

Postby Jonault » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:40 pm

Check that both of the sensors are OK on the rear quarter panels. I managed to knock one of mine off when hurrying to remove the parcel shelf one day. You can disable the alarm by hitting the start button 5 times in quick succession (without pressing the brake or clutch so that it won't start). When you lock the car you will hear 3 or 4 beeps to let you know that it's disabled. As soon as you open the car again it will be back to normal so next time you leave it, you will have to go through the same regime until you can get it fixed.
1.4 Hatch, Ottoman Blue, 55 Reg, Dynamique

Return to “Problems / Questions”