Shock Horror!!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

robznet
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci

Shock Horror!!

Postby robznet » Tue May 26, 2009 9:57 pm

Hi all, I recently had to have my windscreen and panoramic sunroof (front section) replaced by Autoglass as a result of utter mindless vandalism. I won't go into detail, but needless to say that some people posess the brain power of a gerbil!

Anyway, while speaking to the Autoglass techie who did my job, I was told that the total cost to my insurers (Liverpool Victoria) was - £1732.24!!!!! :roll:

I paid my £75 excess grudgingly, but after hearing what it cost my insurers I felt a little happier. I just wondered if any members have had such work carried out and at what cost.

Further to the above - another question. When ordering my glass the guy at Autoglass asked wether my car was petrol or diesel because apparently the windscreen on a diesel is different to a petrol, it is "sound deadening glass", true or total bull****????

Regards to all

Rob
1.5DCi Dynamique with comfort pack - Antique Green.

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Re: Shock Horror!!

Postby IainMW » Wed May 27, 2009 10:38 am

WOW that's expensive!

So somebody smashed your screen and sunroof?
Have you informed the police?

Not sure on the differences in the screen for petrols and Diesels :conf
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

pw981
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.9dCi replaced with a 07 Toyota Auris 2.2 D-CAT 180

Postby pw981 » Wed May 27, 2009 12:27 pm

I read in the original press release for the Megane II that diesels do indeed have a different windscreen to the petrol versions.
2004 Megane II 1.9dCi

anth_dci
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II DCi 120 Dynamique 52 plate

Postby anth_dci » Wed May 27, 2009 1:16 pm

i had a chip repaired the other week didnt cost me anything but cost the insurers £50 tbh i think thats crazy for what the guy actually did. its still blatentelt obvious
Megane II dynamique 1.9 DCI 120bhp, 5 door, 52 plate.

robznet
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci

Postby robznet » Wed May 27, 2009 5:15 pm

Thanks for your replies guys, Iain - police did the usual, including the scenes of crime stuff (fingerprints etc). They are keeping me informed but if the guy did leave prints, the problem is that if he is not known to them (in other words his prints have never been recorded) there is not much chance of him being caught. :banghead

Oh well - at least the car is ok - I think the wife and I are still in a state of shock, it's not as if we live in a high crime area either, in 30+ years I have not heard of a similar case in our vicinity.

Rob
1.5DCi Dynamique with comfort pack - Antique Green.

Return to “Problems / Questions”