Rust on rear Passenger door

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

moggiemegane

Rust on rear Passenger door

Postby moggiemegane » Tue May 19, 2009 7:24 pm

Hi I was just wondering if anyone else is suffering this problem as I have never seen rust on a megane yet and would it be covered by the anti corrosion warranty, I was polishing my 53 plate 1.9 dci priv the other day and found that the paint has bubbled about 1/2 inch from the bottom of the rear passenger rear door and is about 14 inches long, as far as I 'm aware the has never been any repairs or water problems in side the door
moggiemegane

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Re: Rust on rear Passenger door

Postby Paddy » Tue May 19, 2009 7:54 pm

Little do you know the doors and water are best of friends, well going by the amount the doors like to retain. Just take off any one of the cards and you shall see what i mean.

As for rust, its something i am yet to see, touch wood.

P

Kevin22
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Sport Hatch
1.5dCi 106
Dynamique

Postby Kevin22 » Wed May 20, 2009 12:24 pm

I think renault has a corrosion warranty of 12years, correct me if im wrong.....so you should be covered!

Paint warranty i believe is a round 3 or 5 years.....i assume this is for paint which is flaking or door handles which have cracked! Check it out with ur local garage! :)

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Wed May 20, 2009 9:05 pm

In my understanding the warranty is valid only if in every service they put the appropriate statement into your service book. Very few use the dealer for servicing after the first two years, the dealers usually conveniently "forget" to write the right words, so you are probably looking at buying some paint... You are right, Meganes usually don't rust.

moggiemegane wrote:Hi I was just wondering if anyone else is suffering this problem as I have never seen rust on a megane yet and would it be covered by the anti corrosion warranty, I was polishing my 53 plate 1.9 dci priv the other day and found that the paint has bubbled about 1/2 inch from the bottom of the rear passenger rear door and is about 14 inches long, as far as I 'm aware the has never been any repairs or water problems in side the door
moggiemegane
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Return to “Problems / Questions”