Throttle body reprogramming

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

MONDO9
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.6 VVT Dynamique 2003

Throttle body reprogramming

Postby MONDO9 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:05 pm

Can anyone confirm the procedure for reprogramming the throttle body once it has been removed, cleaned and replaced.
I read in the hints & tips section there is a reprogramming procedure if the battery has been disconnected for this job and there is a reference to document 80A.
Does anyone have this document or know the procedure?

Cheers,

Simon

Toodeep
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 5 Door Privilege 1.6

Re: Throttle body reprogramming

Postby Toodeep » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:54 pm

I did not have to reprogramme anything (2003 1.6). I assumed this would only be necessary if I was replacing a different throttle body from the one I took off. It works so I was right or very lucky.

MONDO9
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.6 VVT Dynamique 2003

Postby MONDO9 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:09 pm

Toodeep wrote:I did not have to reprogramme anything (2003 1.6). I assumed this would only be necessary if I was replacing a different throttle body from the one I took off. It works so I was right or very lucky.

The reprogramming is mentioned in the instructions for removing and cleaning the throttle body, thats why Im asking.
It may not need done but I would just like to confirm incase I have not done the job correctly.

busternlouie
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: '05' Megane 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Postby busternlouie » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:00 pm

MONDO9 wrote:
Toodeep wrote:I did not have to reprogramme anything (2003 1.6). I assumed this would only be necessary if I was replacing a different throttle body from the one I took off. It works so I was right or very lucky.

The reprogramming is mentioned in the instructions for removing and cleaning the throttle body, thats why Im asking.
It may not need done but I would just like to confirm incase I have not done the job correctly.

If you are just removing to clean the throttle body then you will not need to reprogram it. Its only when replacing the unit that reprogramming is needed.
2005 Megane Sporthatch 2.0 VVT Dynamique Extreme Blue

Return to “Problems / Questions”