Mark III Megane problems

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

feefee
Currently Drives:: Mark III Megane 1.5 Dci Privilege

Mark III Megane problems

Postby feefee » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:13 pm

Hi All

I am a newbie but would be interested to hear if any other new Mark III Megane owners have had any of the warranty issues if I have had since owning my new Megane since February 2009.

1. There was a helluva vibration from a cold start lasting for around 20 minutes and worse around 1500 revs. This was remedied under warranty and is now a known fault of vibration from airbox resonator.
2. Retaining clips from fuel pipe were loose - also renewed
3. Courtesy light fuses blown - fuse renewed
4. Glove box bevelled - wont close properly -still to be done
5. Vanity light on mirror inoperative - see 8
6. Rear view mirror casing loose - renewed under warranty
7. Condensation inside wing mirror indicator - still to be dealt with
8. Faulty wiring loom !!!!- needing to go back in
9 . Vibration/rattle from drivers door??

I appear to be one hell of an unlucky first time Renault owner but after negotiation and a great deal of moaning, Renault has agreed to do the right thing and replace the car. I am delighted and hope my new one will be so much better. The car is really lovely and handles really well (when not in the garage).......

Are there any other Megane III owners out there who can advise me if they have had any of the above - would be interesting to hear if mine is a one off!!!

If I have posted in a wrong section - sorry - but after trawling through loads of threads I couldn't find anything on Mark III.

Cheers and nice to speak to you all
Fee x :D

wanda
F1 Driver

Re: Mark III Megane problems

Postby wanda » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:19 am

I am a megane 2 driver but are they really replacing your car?

I thought that is one battle dealers fight till the death....

keeforelli
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 04 plate 1.416v authentique pearl black

Postby keeforelli » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:33 am

is this the brand new one?????

this was supposed to be the car that lost adventurous design in the pursuit of quality-

i am very sorry to hear you have so many issues....but- this car is hugely important for renault.....

if you threaten to make a big fuss (and you should if they are unhelpful)...the threat of bad press for them should get you all you want....

this cars success is crucial for them..
1.416v 04 authentique pearl black

feefee

Postby feefee » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:07 pm

Hiya

Yep - this car is the brand new - just out of the box Mark III that Renault have hailed as their saviour but sadly I have been sold one dud of a car.

I did have one terrible time getting Renault to replace the car but the faulty wiring loom in a 8 week old car was the straw that broke the camels back and after about 100 phone calls to Renault direct and e-mails to the senior management team including Carlos Ghosn, I finally got word last week (verbally) and this week finally confirmed in writing that it would be replaced.

Trading Standards were very very interested in taking this case on but I did it myself - woohoo!!!! - amazing what a mad glaswegian can do. I know I am one of the lucky ones but Renault have put massive investment in this model and my car certainly didn't inspire confidence. I have been quite vocal in other car websites reader reviews over the shortcoming of this car.

The dealership were NOT interested in replacing the car - basically - they said tough!! but Renault did the right thing eventually, although I am not getting the replacement till JULY - apparantly the manufacturing is taking that long as the new cars are flying off the shelf. I thought there was a credit crunch on.

Do you guys know of any other Meg III owners with similar problems???

Fee x

keeforelli
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 04 plate 1.416v authentique pearl black

Postby keeforelli » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:55 am

i didnt think there were many of the new ones about-

i have only seen one hatch and one sport hatch on the road..!..since november when it went on sale...

did you have prior experience of renault?
1.416v 04 authentique pearl black

Meggyman
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 56 Megane CC 2.0 Privilege in grey.
Full leather etc

Postby Meggyman » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:48 am

The only ones i've seen have been demo models with dealer advertising stuck on the side of em. The only thing that hit the eyes was the advertising and the car itself pretty much blended into the background of old rovers and fords. :o
56 Megane CC 2.0 Privilege in Grey.
Full leather etc

feefee

Postby feefee » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:46 pm

Hi

No I had no experience with Renault - although my sister in law has had her Mark II Megane for 3 years with not so much as a squeak!!!

There are quite a few in Glasgow now - mostly seen around Renault dealerships - I assume staff have had a good discount...

To be honest since having all these problems I have investigated a few owners sites and car forums and if I knew then what I know now I wouldn't have touched Renault with a bargepole. It really is a pity cos the car is nice looking and handles well..

Fee

Return to “Problems / Questions”