Clutch judder

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

conkerman

Clutch judder

Postby conkerman » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:14 pm

Hi my 2007 1.6 Megane dynamique petrol . has developed a problem over the last few months. It has 9300 miles. I travel along country lanes & motorway so my problem only occurs occasionally. The problem is that when i am in a long heavy traffic jam the clutch develops a very disturbing judder. It gets very severe and you have to really work with the throttle to stop the car from stalling. On M25 once in 2 hour jam and thought the engine was going to jump out of the car. Once i am out of the jam and back on flowing roads, the problem disappears until the next "jam" situation. It has just been serviced by Renault who said that they could not replicate the situation to cause the problem, so to keep my eye on it. Any suggestions?????

AndyS

Re: Clutch judder

Postby AndyS » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:16 pm

Had a similar problem with my 2.0 petrol - turned out to be engine mountings, apparently not uncommon.

Nige
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03' Renaultsport Megane 1.4 16v...NO FAULTS HERE! :-D

Re: Clutch judder

Postby Nige » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:04 pm

I do get this fault alot......if it turns out the be the engine mountings rather than the clutch i would be a very happy customer!!!!

Anyone else with any sound advice to back the engine mount thoery up, ive replace my top mount on the engine.....altho lower mount and gearbox mount remain original.....would it be advisable to get those changed!???
03' Megane 1.4 16v 3Dr, N.Ireland

Return to “Problems / Questions”