rattling dash

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

mchapma
Currently Drives:: 57 2.0 diesel gt

rattling dash

Postby mchapma » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:03 am

the dash on my 57 diesel gt has an annoying rattle. it is comming from the binacle surronding the radio display ( it goes off when i push it backwards ) it has been into renault in morpeth 3 times now, the last time for a week with the "ret (renault expert technician ) looking at it. i got it back yesterday and it is worse than ever. ( it is much worse when the car is cold ) can anyone help or recommend a decent dealer in the north east, or a remedy i can try myself as i think they are taking the p*** out of me.any suggestions please as this is driving me mad.

keeforelli
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 04 plate 1.416v authentique pearl black

Re: rattling dash

Postby keeforelli » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:16 am

spray into the gaps surrounding it..(you dont need to remove it) with silicone spray-

i had the exact same rattle...now my car feels as solid as my partners new A3!!!

cut out the dealers and try this first for about 2.99
1.416v 04 authentique pearl black

mchapma
Currently Drives:: 57 2.0 diesel gt

Postby mchapma » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:20 pm

hi thanks for that, do you mean use a dry silicone lubricant spray?

keeforelli
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 04 plate 1.416v authentique pearl black

Postby keeforelli » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:44 am

yes...

i got mine from halfords!!
1.416v 04 authentique pearl black

KiftyGT
Currently Drives:: Megane GT DCI 150

Postby KiftyGT » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:25 pm

Hi mate,

My GT rattling in the same place and a lot of other places :( can i spray this silicone on the top of my dash by the windscreen. My car has been in 7 times for rattles I am getting no where. Most annoying is drivers window when it is half way down. Now my passenger window is rattling when it is up, I am just fed up. BUT I AINT GIVING UP.

Cheers

pocket
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Mineral Blue Megane GT dCi 150

Postby pocket » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:21 am

my gt is terrible with rattles as well. Sounds like its the whole dash rattling when its cold and ive been unable to find where exactly its coming from. Recently ive got 2 new rattles, one from the seat belt bit on the B frame and one drom the drivers side dash vent. both of these stop when i hold it down.

see this "dry silicone lubricant spray" stuff. does it show up when dry? Like is it easy to mess up your dash using it?
Mineral Blue Megane GT 2.0 dCi 150
Cabasse 4x40w with 6 disk changer, Pioneer TS-Q131C speakers, Kenwood KSC-SW10 sub.

meccano04

Postby meccano04 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:43 am

my dash made a rattle when cold and i tried sticking small air freshners at each end (carplan do small red strawberry ones which were ideal), as the rattle went away when i pushed my hand against the dash, but eventually i found out what was really making the noise for me...

The pillars that run up the side of the windshield seem to be held on with a clip at the bottom which has some play in it, try pushing on the bottom of it when the car is cold to see if you can make em squeak.
To fix it, if you remove the seal around the door (its just pushed round the frame and is easy to pull off) just as far as you need to see behind that, then spray the area inside with your silicone spray, or whatever lubricant, its practically at the bottom where it meets the dash so if you have a torch you'll be able to see it clearly.

That fixed it for me!

Return to “Problems / Questions”