check injection

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

kazgaz1
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: megane 2 1.9dci

check injection

Postby kazgaz1 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:46 pm

hi all, im new to this site but from what i have read it seems very informative so here goes. i have read several threads were people have posted threads relating to the check injection warning. i have recently bought a megane 2 1.9 dci it is a 52 plate. and although i do like the car and the fact it is a diesel this message is now starting to do my head in. it comes on any time and also goes off at any time, no other warning or stop lights come on. when it does come on there is a loss of power.
now as i said i have read other threads but none appear to have a definitive answer, i did notice most were from a couple of years ago so any help or advice would be great.
thanks again
Gaz

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Re: check injection

Postby tomalamix » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:28 pm

can you bring the car up a few times and others dont accompanied by that check injection warning, is this correct? If so maybe you need to clean your EGR valve for start. If it doesnt work i would suggest you to do a OBD scan on the car

cheers

kazgaz1
Passed Theory

Postby kazgaz1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:50 pm

hiya, think i may have found the problem... air in the diesel. have done egr valve. changed filter were there was some crap. bled the system so we will see. thanks for the reply
gaz

kazgaz1
Passed Theory

Postby kazgaz1 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:39 pm

well still got air in diesel.... also the check injection still come on.... need to get car on computer to see fault codes.

tomalamix
F1 Driver

Postby tomalamix » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:07 pm

hi

check your PM

cheers

justin_healey
Currently Drives:: 1.5DCI Renault Megane 2006

Postby justin_healey » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi Tom and GAZ

Exact same symptoms as I am getting.

I have recently exchanged the EGR to a new one. This has helped the problem but the issue still arises when doing 70mph to 80 mph.

I was getting the "CHECK INJECTION" warning for a bit. I removed the EGR and cleaned it a while back with some success.

The Issue has now returned after a few thousand miles and after 2 weekends of cleaning it to identify the issue I had to give in and get a new one. This has made a noticeable improvement! However, when I am now on the motorway doing 70mph to 80mph the Warning re-appears!

This was the problem before but it just happened at around 50mph. basically you’re driving along and you hear/feel a very slight thud and the warning appears a split second after this happens. If you then attempt to accelerate the engine flat-spots and you cant get any more out of it so you are reduced to using the torque down low and just building up momentum.

If it was a petrol car it feels exactly like the fuel mixture is too rich and/or the PCV system is blocked. I took it to my local garage for it to be plugged in. Guess what... No Fault codes stored. Also if you pull-over, turn off the engine and wait till the car shuts down and the immobilizer light starts flashing and the re-start the warning clears and off you go with no issue... I’m confused!

It was throwing up a mechanical fault beforehand when it went for a standard service and the code was P2263 according to his system which I believe which was pointing to a pressure issue due to a mechanical failure of the EGR and or Turbo.

When you start the Car after a rest overnight or at the end of the working day it throws out a little blue smoke if you rev it, however never any other time after it is warm. A bit when you give it some but I kind of expect that from a diesel. I read somewhere else that some sort of oil drain may be blocked?

Don’t know where to start really as this is my first Diesel and Turbo car and I am learning as I go.

The Engine is a 1.5 DCI 106hp either a K9K 732 or K9K 734 (Not sure what the difference is but I have the one with the perpendicular solenoid EGR Valve, not the straight one).

If someone could Also let me know how to find out what engine model I have that would be handy for further servicing and parts needed.

I have done some research into getting a new turbo and it looks like there is a small housing with a Diaphragm inside it mounted to the turbo. Is this the case? And could this be the issue if it has perished due to the heat?

I am thinking of taking the turbo off and stripping it down and giving it a good clean-out anyway. Does anyone know of a “KIT” which one could order for all the gaskets and seals to re-condition this model of Turbo. Alternatively could someone let me know what I should order if they know of all the parts that I would need to get the job done. Or is it best to just get a new unit.

According to a few websites the part number of the

Turbo for this engine is:
5439 970 0070
or
5439 970 0030

Any Help would be appreciated

Regards and thanks again for the help

J

kazgaz1
Passed Theory

Postby kazgaz1 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:23 pm

hi justin,
sounds like your driving my car. this to is my first diesel and first turbo diesel. are you getting bubbles in the fuel? i have had that and still getting small bubbles.
talking with tom that can also cause the check injection to come on.
funny you say about the fact no error codes. i have just today received a obd11 code reader and there are no codes stored. i thought it might be faulty but now you say the same then it might not be faulty.
i have cleaned my egr valve, which was really clogged up. mine always appears roughly about the same speed as yours but not all the time. it strange that i can go to work, no problems. but when i return it always happens in the same place. near a electricity sub station. i did wonder if this qwas causing the problem but it has occurred in different places.
so we will try to sort it between us then.

gaz

kazgaz1
Passed Theory

Postby kazgaz1 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:09 pm

hi all, just an update bubbles in fuel line gone, still get the check injection warning now and again. been speaking to an auto electrician who said straight away " glow plugs" so the car is going friday to get put on the diagnostic to see what fault codes there is..
will update after then
gaz

tomalamix
F1 Driver

Postby tomalamix » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:07 pm

dont go for the glow plugs for start, lets wait for the diagnostics scan. post your results here

cheers

kazgaz1
Passed Theory

Postby kazgaz1 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:42 pm

hi tom. yes i am waiting fir the results before anything else.
will post after friday
gaz

pw981
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.9dCi replaced with a 07 Toyota Auris 2.2 D-CAT 180

Postby pw981 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:29 pm

I concur, glowplugs are used for starting only, and will not cause a loss of power - if he gave you this advice after what you've told him what you've told us, I would be wary of seeking his advice again!
2004 Megane II 1.9dCi

tomalamix
F1 Driver

Postby tomalamix » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:03 pm

besides the OBD scan do a leak test to the injectors, sometimes the OBD scan doesnt catch up this failure, this way you will cover more probable causes and take them off the roll if there is no fault present...

cheers

kazgaz1
Passed Theory

Postby kazgaz1 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:47 pm

well had it tested. 2 faults-heater plug circuit but the most probably cause for my problem is P0243 Turbocharger Wastegate Solenoid A Malfunction-

Return to “Problems / Questions”