PROBLEM??

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

j11hnb

PROBLEM??

Postby j11hnb » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:54 pm

Right then, I've had my Megane for a few weeks now, and I don't know wether this is actually a problem or not, or wether it's fine the way it is.

When driving, or stationary, and I have my foot on the brake, pretty high up, and I turn the steering wheel I can feel something rotating on my foot.

There is no knocks or gaps when turning, I just don't know wether something has dropped that shouldn't of.

Has anybody else got the same problem? I tried the search, it's just I don't even know what it's called to search for!

Any help would be appreciated.

John

pw981
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.9dCi replaced with a 07 Toyota Auris 2.2 D-CAT 180

Re: PROBLEM??

Postby pw981 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:06 am

It sounds like your foot is rubbing on the steering column, have you had a chance to take a look down there (probably best to poke your head right in there by the pedals and take a look) to make sure everything appears normal? From memory, part of the column is exposed and I guess, under certain circumstances one probably could feel the column rotating as one turns the steering wheel - never experienced this myself though!
2004 Megane II 1.9dCi

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Re: PROBLEM??

Postby joeishmather » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:43 pm

Same with mine, no problem there!! :cool:

Return to “Problems / Questions”