Mode Check???? And Service light now on?????

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

balmer
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 1.9 dci

Mode Check???? And Service light now on?????

Postby balmer » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:31 pm

Hi,

When I started my 1.9dci this morning it came up on the trip computer mode check and all the lights on the dash where coming on plus the rev counter going up and down. This only stopped when I hit the mile reset button.

After this the service light came on and now says check injection in the trip computer.

Why would the mode check come on and say check injection????
As the car is running completely fine, no lumpy'ness or farting, its still coming the same as before this happened... :?

pw981
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.9dCi replaced with a 07 Toyota Auris 2.2 D-CAT 180

Re: Mode Check???? And Service light now on?????

Postby pw981 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:00 pm

mode check comes on if you start the engine with the button on the end of wiper stalk pressed in at the same time. As for the check injection, I've never heard of the test mode bringing up faults, so it may be an actual fault. You could try disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes and then see if the fault is still there? Just ensure you have your radio code to hand and know how to reset your electric windows.
2004 Megane II 1.9dCi

balmer
Just Passed

Postby balmer » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:12 pm

pw981 wrote:mode check comes on if you start the engine with the button on the end of wiper stalk pressed in at the same time. As for the check injection, I've never heard of the test mode bringing up faults, so it may be an actual fault. You could try disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes and then see if the fault is still there? Just ensure you have your radio code to hand and know how to reset your electric windows.

Thanks for the reply...!

Had the car scanned and it was glow plug fault. New set glow plugs in it and the service light went off by its self???? By the end of that day...

xvisual
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 3 Door Coupe 1.9 DCI 120 BHP

Postby xvisual » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:02 pm

The mode test got me a few months back it just tests all the lights etc on the dash, to reset out of that mode just hit the reset counter actually on the clocks and it will go back to normal :)

balmer
Just Passed

Postby balmer » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:51 pm

xvisual wrote:The mode test got me a few months back it just tests all the lights etc on the dash, to reset out of that mode just hit the reset counter actually on the clocks and it will go back to normal :)

It went on for a while, i started get worried lol Until i hit the trip reset...

Return to “Problems / Questions”